• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Settlement of the crisis?

Share/Bookmark

Settlement of the crisis?

O.K.
    I think the forum should stay the way it was. How about this? I promise to buy atleast 2 banners every month and pay to have my own Quantum Leap forum like Garritans. In return, NS will allow everyone to post info concerning new libraries. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Settlement of the crisis?

It\'s not a group vote. This is a business deal between, you, Mark & Dave.

Peter 269,
    I am curious who you are. You seem to be some sort of authority. I am making it a group vote. I am excercising my right of free speech. If others don\'t think this is a good idea, then so be it. I love this forum and don\'t want it to change. I want to support the forum.

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Peter 269, I am curious who you are.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I am me.

O.K.
    I think the forum should stay the way it was. How about this? I promise to buy atleast 2 banners every month and pay to have my own Quantum Leap forum like Garritans. In return, NS will allow everyone to post info concerning new libraries. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Nick, I know you never want to hear from me again, and I am on the verge of an apology for following you all the way from another thread to this bright, fresh new one just to \'pester\' you (but not quite, although the smiley face almost got me).

But I have to take my hat off. You are one smart cookie. I don\'t think I have ever seen a more elegant \'document\' than that post (still haven\'t read the other one; sorry).

It is the Superman of all posts. Is it an offer? Is it a ransom note? Is it pandering to the \'masses\' to curry favor?

It is very impressive. I am humbled by your guile. I am out of my naive meanie league, with operators such as yourself around. Such an altruistic gesture. With one wave of your wand, all is solved. I\'m melting. I\'m melting. The good witch of the West has shown her real power.

Group vote? Are you sure you\'re not a political advisor in real life? \'Right of free speech\'? Is NS a country? Are members alloted such lofty rights here? Mmm?

Well, if the moderators take the bait (sorry, I mean if they agree to your \'public\' deal) I\'m sure your own forum will be vibrant and interesting (really, I\'m sure it will - although I doubt meansters will be welcome in your kingdom).

Jeez, this is almost as good as the Cincinatti Kid? What will Papa do, I wonder?

Either way, get that check written - maybe you could backdate it to your first announcement, then discuss your new \'public offering\'?

This would be none of my business if you hadn\'t posted it (by the way).

Peter,
    I meant, you sound like a moderator or something like it.

P.S. Did any else notice that pesky fly that keeps showing up?

P.S. Did any else notice that pesky fly that keeps showing up?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Pen in the hand. bzzzz Check book open. bzzzzz You can do it. Or you could wait for the avalanche of support you\'ll surely get for offering to turn back time. Are you Superman Mister?

Pen in the hand. Check book open.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

PatS

Originally posted by peter269:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Peter 269, I am curious who you are.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I am me.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Nuh, uh! I am me, and you are you. (Where would I be without my kids?) [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Nick:

Buy a banner ad for every developer who can\'t afford one, then we\'ll talk. (Guys, are you with me? This is OUR forum, right? Right?!!! Grab your pitch forks, mates! We\'re stormin\' the castle.)

Levity aside, this is between you and the moderators. You\'re not standing on the steps of City Hall. You\'re in Aisle 5 yelling at Z6 in Aisle 1 (or swatting at him), while I\'m in Aisle 3 trying to find one of Bruce Richardson\'s excellent articles on reverb. Take it outside, would ya? Or better yet, take it up with management.

Pat

P.S. Feel free to use a different analogy. Just make sure it bears some resemblance to a privately owned and maintained business. A coffee shop, perhaps?

Peter 269,
    I am curious who you are. You seem to be some sort of authority. I am making it a group vote. I am excercising my right of free speech. If others don\'t think this is a good idea, then so be it. I love this forum and don\'t want it to change. I want to support the forum.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yah Nick!! Way to go!! If I were a big fish like you I\'d do the same thing for the small fries. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum