• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quick Opus 1 Question

Share/Bookmark

Re: Quick Opus 1 Question

Got my answer in a PM. Never mind [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Quick Opus 1 Question

Originally posted by Chris Caouette:
    As I am an inch form ordering it I wanted to know if there are up and down bowings for the \'short bow\' articulations (to avoid the famous machine gun effect). It sounds like it from the demo but there is so much going on it is a little hard to tell.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, there are. VI-14_stac-1+2

Whenever you see the 1+2 designation, this means that there\'s a combination that can be used with Alternation in the Performance Tool. The 1 is the downbow and the 2 is the upbow. ALL FOUR strings sections have this. There\'s staccato, 3/10 of a second (\'3s) and 5/10 of a second (0\'5).

The \'3 is for short rapid passages while the \'5 is great for more flowing legato lines.

Using the Performance tool, you can set up all kinds of bowing combinations, including odd time signature rhyhtms like 7 divided 223.

Quick Opus 1 Question

As I am an inch form ordering it I wanted to know if there are up and down bowings for the \'short bow\' articulations (to avoid the famous machine gun effect). It sounds like it from the demo but there is so much going on it is a little hard to tell.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Go Back to forum