• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Thomas J

Share/Bookmark

Thomas J

Not that I want his ego to explode or anything, but after listening to his quick demo of the Post freebees (plus all your demos in the past), I just have to say that Thomas J is the BEST composer I\'ve heard on this forum.

This is not to take away from anyone else, but Thomas seems to provoke both envy and inspiration like few others do.

Hats off.

Re: Thomas J

That Allegro Vivace is amazing! Bravo!
    I agree that Thomas is an incredibly talented guy...

I was very honoured to hear our freeby in that piece.

Yes, Thomas is amazing, but so is Simon Ravn.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Robgb!
    It is much appreciated! Even though I write music primarily for my own satisfaction, it\'s great to see that people appreciate my creations once in a while!

Thanks again,

Thomas

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Yes, Thomas is amazing, but so is Simon Ravn.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Maarten and Joris are my favourites... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Alex

Originally posted by robgb:
    Not that I want his ego to explode or anything, but after listening to his quick demo of the Post freebees (plus all your demos in the past), I just have to say that Thomas J is the BEST composer I\'ve heard on this forum.

This is not to take away from anyone else, but Thomas seems to provoke both envy and inspiration like few others do.

Hats off.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It´s because you never heard Frutuoso [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] !!!

yes i also like Thomas\'s music best

all the other composers have skill but Thomas\'s music is still on my hard drive

Thomas your pieces develop so naturally that is a real gift

... Yeah ... Good stuff.

What really makes me scream if I hear the name Thomas_J is to know how quick he writes and arrange his music. Damn it, it would have take me a year (or two) to complete a piece like Allegro Vivace and let it sound that damn good.
    Bravo Thomas! Keep up the grand work!!

Best
    Holger

Thanks guys, you make me blush [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I also really like the music by all the composers mentioned, along with several others. Incidentally we\'re all friends, and we all write very different music.

Tob has an incredible knack for melodies and production and is probably the best electronica composer I know. He also has a very individual voice.

Maarten\'s music is extremely colorful and detailed, not to mention well executed. He is great at getting the mood right, and he has a very original approach to everything he does. He\'s also got a strong sense of rhythm and flow.

Simon surprises me with high quality mockups and great melodies + orchestration. Well thought-out arrangements and attention to tiny details in the programming.

Aaron told me he\'ll keep rerecording a part until it\'s absolutely perfect. He\'ll spend hours just perfecting a single line. His music reflects that so well. He also has somethnig about his music that just screams \"Aaron\". At his age he\'s probably most talented composer I know.

Damon is master of mellow string work [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] He\'s the guy who\'ll spend all his life looking for that single violin ensemble sound that\'s just right... Like Maarten he\'s really good at evoking the right emotion and setting the mood.

Craig is everyone\'s favorite guitar player, but he\'s so much more than just that. He\'s a master of harmonies and he can adjust to almost any given style it seems. On top of that he\'s funny too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nick, our beloved freedom fighter, developer and composer of larger than life orchestral scores [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Does great work and does it fast! He\'s also a good melody writer and his music always has strong harmonic roots.

Ashif (KingIdiot)\'s self-proclaimed title as a \"hack composer\" is really to be taken with a grain of salt. I\'ve heard a lot of great music from him. He recently did some jazz stuff for a game which sounded awesome.

There\'s plenty of more talent like Doyle, Sam Hulik, Peter Roos, David Govett ++ I can\'t list all of you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But most importantly, they\'re all great people!! They have strong personalities and we all respect each other. The cool thing is that we all met more or less through this forum!

I\'m glad composing is such an invidual thing, or we\'d all be fighting for the same spot!

It means a lot to me when fellow composers/musicians compliment on my work!

(Anyway I think this thread belongs in the OT-section [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas

Go Back to forum