• Register
  • Help

Topic: Modify "key group" on multiple regions simultaneously?

Share/Bookmark

Modify "key group" on multiple regions simultaneously?

I\'m pretty inexperienced with the Gigastudio editor, but I\'m wondering if there\'s a way to modify the \"key group\" property of multiple regions simultaneously.

Reason I ask is that I used Translator to convert some AKAI samples I downloaded from the AKAI ftp site (ftp.akaipro.co.jp) and they all seemed to come out with \"1\" as the default key group instead of \"0\". Of course, this makes the instruments monophonic. So unless there\'s a better way, I have to manually go through and change each region\'s key group to \"0\" in order to make them polyphonic.

Maybe S-Converter will do a better job. But still, it seems like one ought to be able to alter the key group on more than one region at a time. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

-Shawn

Re: Modify "key group" on multiple regions simultaneously?

I\'m still pretty new with the editor (but thanks to David G\'s tutorial, I\'m learning quickly!) but it seems that you can apply pretty much anything to any composite of regions, dimensions, etc. by first selecting the desired selection (control-click) and then making the change and pressing \'apply to regions\' buttons.

Dasher

Hello Shawn,

See if there is an option for assigning default keygroup in the Translator program while making the conversion. Maybe it\'s a mono/poly option. I don\'t know the program too well, myself.

In the current Instrument Editor, you can only change the keygroup on one region at a time. So that is a drag if you end up having to do it thataway.

You might want to send an e-mail to the Translator folks if you can\'t sort it out in the program or its documentation.

Kevin

Originally posted by pmuse:
    Hello Shawn,
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hello.

See if there is an option for assigning default keygroup in the Translator program while making the conversion. Maybe it\'s a mono/poly option. I don\'t know the program too well, myself.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I did look for that -- didn\'t seem to be there.

In the current Instrument Editor, you can only change the keygroup on one region at a time. So that is a drag if you end up having to do it thataway.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yep. That\'s what it\'s starting to look like.

You might want to send an e-mail to the Translator folks if you can\'t sort it out in the program or its documentation.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s a thought, but I think I\'ll lay off those guys for a bit. They were very good about addressing and fixing some problems I was having converting the Roland orchestral libraries recently, so I\'ll give them a little breather.

Another thought I had was to use S-Converter, but that doesn\'t recognize the AKAI files on my hard drive. I guess it will only read AKAI files from an AKAI-formatted CD? I suppose I could also try to burn the files to an AKAI-format CD-ROM from Translator and then try to use S-Converter. But now I\'m wondering if maybe Translator got it right and the AKAI files were monophonic to begin with. I assumed these samples were free for the taking (they were posted on a publicly accessible portion of AKAI\'s ftp site), but maybe they were intentionally \"limited\" monophonic demo versions? I don\'t know enough about the AKAI architecture to know how easy that is to change on one of their hardware samplers.

Anyway, manually changing the regions is a drag, but it\'s a small price to pay for some decent (seemingly?) free samples.

-Shawn

Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    I\'m still pretty new with the editor (but thanks to David G\'s tutorial, I\'m learning quickly!) but it seems that you can apply pretty much anything to any composite of regions, dimensions, etc. by first selecting the desired selection (control-click) and then making the change and pressing \'apply to regions\' buttons.

Dasher
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That seems to work on most of the other settings, but the \"key group\" setting comes up when you right-click on a region and click \"properties\". The only properties in this window are note range and key group, and there\'s no \"apply to regions\" option evident. Oh well, thanks anyway!

-Shawn

Go Back to forum