• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: VSL Price Increase on March 15th

Share/Bookmark

VSL Price Increase on March 15th

As a registered Vienna user, I just received a letter telling us that because of the dollar vs. the Euro, all Vienna pricing will be going up on March 15th. Any one looking to order or update, especially with First Edition and Pro Edition, should do so quickly. With the Horizon Series, the pricing isn\'t too bad. But with the First and Pro Editions, it\'s quite high.

Re: VSL Price Increase on March 15th

Hi... so the Dollar versions will go up, but the Euro prices will stay the same yes?

Peter

I would echo Patriarch\'s question. Does this only apply to the USA? I\'m a registered European VSL user, but I haven\'t received this newsletter yet.

Can you relate any price info?

Thanks
    Heath

It\'s for North America since the issue is the dollar vs. the Euro.

lee, the *vienna sausages* are called *frankfurter* in vienna, and they are from pork and meal - thats why they have been traded as *mehlspeise* (austrian term for farinaceous food) in fahrenheit 451 (famous movie with oscar werner)
    ;-) christian

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    The last time I was in Austria (Linz, not Vienna) I ate a number of interesting sausages from street vendors. If I had actually known what was in them, I most likely would not have enjoyed them as much. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Lee Blaske
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Horrible. I had wondered what happened to Oscar Werner. What a way to go.

Heath

No. Farinaceous.

A great actor, and a superb meal.

Heath

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No. Farinaceous.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hmmm...

Oh I\'d love to be an Oscar Farinaceous Werner, that is what I\'d truly like to be!

Doesn\'t quite roll off the tongue.

A great actor, and a superb meal.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Better than \"My Dinner of Andre\"?

Lee Blaske
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, more of an hors d\'oeuvres than a full meal really.

And don\'t worry, Lee. Just work hard at those templates and you could be a multiple Oscar Werner just like Johnny Williams.

BTW, I can go on all night with this stuff because my VSL Performance Tool has stopped working. Ha ha ha. Oh god. According to the VSL forum, it\'s a flaw in the beta release. Users are coming down with it like an outbreak of ebola. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I\'m never going to wern an oscar this way.

Heath

Isn\'t this the second time those VSL guys have done this? You\'d think with the competition from EWQLSO and other libraries they\'d try and keep US customers on their good side...but nooooooo...

Besides, don\'t most libraries drop in price after a time? Seems a better approach would have been to just suck up the difference in price and keep it stable rather than raising them.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by peter269:
    As a registered Vienna user, I just received a letter telling us that because of the dollar vs. the Euro, all Vienna pricing will be going up on March 15th.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Originally posted by Hudson:
    Isn\'t this the second time those VSL guys have done this? You\'d think with the competition from EWQLSO and other libraries they\'d try and keep US customers on their good side...but nooooooo...

Besides, don\'t most libraries drop in price after a time? Seems a better approach would have been to just suck up the difference in price and keep it stable rather than raising them.
    -Hudson

</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by peter269:
    As a registered Vienna user, I just received a letter telling us that because of the dollar vs. the Euro, all Vienna pricing will be going up on March 15th.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">EW/QLSO is manufactured in the US. VSL is manufactured and shipped from Europe, and therefore is significantly affected by the exchange rate.

No one at VSL was happy about raising the price, but this is the result of being in a global economy. When the dollar comes back and is stronger against the Euro, then prices will come down.

Even so, on the Horizon series, the price increase is virtually negligible once the dealer gives a discount. The big swallow is on the priciong of the First and Pro Editions.

However, in your comparisons, you forgot to take note that VSL is still the world\'s largest orchestral library with more releases coming. It\'s not static. The new string ensembles for divisi strings will be awesome as will the new muted horns.

Let\'s get the numbers in context.

Opus 1 - 30GB
    First Edition - 90GB
    Pro Edition - 250GB

Then there are the matching solo strings which NO OTHER orchestral library has for all the solo strings.

In percussion, there\'s the exquisite celeste, vibes, and marimba.

And let\'s not forget the Performance Tool and the powerful Legato mode which NO OTHER library has.

Other libraries will get old and lose their value because they eitherlack these features or are focused on a single section. Vienna will never be old, and unlike other orchestral libraries, has EXTENSIVE releases scheduled. So the investment keeps growing.

NO OTHER orchestral library can say this, ONLY Vienna.

This library is worth it. And if you have to save a little longer to get it, it\'s still worth it.

Go Back to forum