• Register
  • Help

Topic: FIXED: 'VSL Mallets' Installation Errors...

Share/Bookmark

FIXED: \'VSL Mallets\' Installation Errors...

Hi. I am attempting to install the VSL Mallets Library. When I try to extract the files from DVD, I begin to get CRC Errors in almost all of the files. I am using the demo version of Winrar that is included on the DVD. The only files I have managed to extract are some of the smaller Woodblock samples. Even some of the Woodblocks failed to extract properly. I have three Hard Drives installed (see below). I have attempted to extract the files to all three HDs. However, I get the same CRC Errors on each file.

Here is a description of my system:

WinXP (no Service Packs installed)
    MB: Asus A7N266
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53gHz)
    RAM: 2x 512MB DDR PC2100
    Harddrives: 20GB WD 7200RPM - Primary IDE, Slave, (Samples Drive)
    40GB WD 7200RPM - Primary IDE, Master, (WinXP Boot Drive)
    160GB WD 7200RPM - SIIG PCI to ATA Controller Card Interface, (Samples Drive)

Is there something I have overlooked? Thanks for your help!

Re: FIXED: \'VSL Mallets\' Installation Errors...

Originally posted by unconscious sound:
    Hi. I am attempting to install the VSL Mallets Library. When I try to extract the files from DVD, I begin to get CRC Errors in almost all of the files. I am using the demo version of Winrar that is included on the DVD. The only files I have managed to extract are some of the smaller Woodblock samples. Even some of the Woodblocks failed to extract properly. I have three Hard Drives installed (see below). I have attempted to extract the files to all three HDs. However, I get the same CRC Errors on each file.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Have you tried to copy the rar-files to the harddisk before extracting them?

No. I will try this. Thanks Worra! (Your piano has no such errors, and is very nice. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

No. I will try this. Thanks Worra! (Your piano has no such errors, and is very nice. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks!
    There can be a problem with some DVD readers. I know of two cases where people have had problems reading White Grand DVD\'s (and then all DVD\'s and CD\'s that we ship are verified and read once before shipping). I think we still could have a year or so until we get DVD readers that works on 100% of DVD medias.
    If the rar\'s can\'t be read either, try another reader. Probably works on that!

I copied the .exe files from the DVDs over to the HD. When I open the .exes they still give me CRC Errors. Here is one of them:

\'CRC failed in Vibraphone\\01 VIB_MD_SINGLE-HITS.gig\'

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This issue has been widely covered in the VSL forum. The only thing you didn\'t list was your DVD player. Where possible, we recommend you get a Sony DVD ROM reader, about $50 from BestBuy, and that should solve the problem.

There are no reported QC issues with this library.

It was the second stick of RAM. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] All is well now. My files are extracting normally. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Sorry about this. Papa, you can delete this thread if you\'d like.

Go Back to forum