• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audio Click every second

Share/Bookmark

Audio Click every second

This is strange, all of a sudden everything I play back through my computer has a click every second. It does not matter if I playback from my Delta 1010, musicmatch, media player, soundforge, soundblaster it all has a click. I can watch the seconds click off on my clock. Could the system clock have something to do with this? Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Jim

Re: Audio Click every second

Originally posted by tunesmith:
    This is strange, all of a sudden everything I play back through my computer has a click every second. It does not matter if I playback from my Delta 1010, musicmatch, media player, soundforge, soundblaster it all has a click. I can watch the seconds click off on my clock. Could the system clock have something to do with this? Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Jim
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Do you have harddisk activity at the same rate as the clicks, that is, can you see the lamp that indicates that the harddisk is working blinking at the same rate as the clicks?

Thank you for the reply,

I do not see any hard disk activity that matches the click, It sounds like an audio interuption, I guess every second on the money.

Jim

Is it the metronome? (Some sequencers play back an audible click for a metronome sound - so check your sequencer set up).

Go Back to forum