Topic: finally a truth Steinway D

Share/Bookmark

finally a truth Steinway D

Hi,

Hum - first 192 kps demo of the best sampled Steinway D :

http://www.audiolivepro.com/galaxy-steinway-d-5.1-demo.mp3

The studio :
    http://www.galaxystudios.com

Available soon (at Bestservice/soundsonline)

Regards,

Olivier

at www.audiolivepro.com/

you can download Ew-piano patchs (for the Steinway B and Bosendorfer) and the virtual Schimmel.

Re: finally a truth Steinway D

If you eliminate the loud bangy chords, which I don\'t care for, this piano sounds very good.

For such a costly sample, one would think more demos would be provided. Sounds like an upgraded EW Steinway B, ie., just a bit synthetic and unreal. More SOFT demos would reveal the truth about this piano. Bring them on!

JG

Originally posted by JohnGrant:
    Sounds like an upgraded EW Steinway B, ie., just a bit synthetic and unreal. More SOFT demos would reveal the truth about this piano. Bring them on!

JG
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi,

I don\'t think so. It seems that they have recorded this demo from a midi file. And midi are a often unreal. However, this Steinway D sound like all DECA/Philips/erato/Deutsche Grammophon Steinway D recording (A. brendel - D. Barenboim -Rudolf Serkin)

He sound like a real Steinway.

I\'ve just found this demo on the WEB at :

http://www.timespace.com/galaxy.asp

so , i\'ve find a midi

www.audiolivepro.com/op03no02.mid

and i\'ve recorded my EWSQLO Sylver Steinway B :

www.audiolivepro.com/EWSQLO-sylver-SteinwayB-Olivier-Truan-Olivier-Frappier.mp3

the Steinway D with another midi file (i don\'t have their midi file) :

www.audioliverpro.com/galaxy-steinway-d-5.1-demo.mp3

Regards,

Olivier

Olivier, have you played the Galaxy Steinway already? What are your impressions regarding the transitions between the different velocities?

Sounds like an upgraded EW Steinway B, ie., just a bit synthetic and unreal.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Really? I only concur with the first part. It too reminded me of the Steinway B, but only because the piano notes don\'t give you that \"poing\" (fast decay after initial attack) you hear so often with most of the available sampled pianos. That\'s not unreal or synthetic. That\'s the sound of a \"grand\" Steinway. The piano I hear has a very classical and serious tone that I recognize from so many recordings, except for the slightly possible metalic sound in the hard velocity range. But so far I only listened to it using the build in speakers from my LCD screen. I just downloaded this demo so I can check the bass and the more forte notes on a couple of BM15\'s.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Olivierbergman:

However, this Steinway D sound like all DECA/Philips/erato/Deutsche Grammophon Steinway D recording (A. brendel - D. Barenboim -Rudolf Serkin)

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Exactly!

Hi,

i\'ve found another good Steinway D !

http://www.milandigitalaudio.com/steinwaydemos.htm

The demos sound good. However, some noises in samples. (So, the sound is natural and it\'s a very good think !!)

I wait for the final version.

I\'m happy to see (endly !!!) good sampled steinway D !! that sound like real piano or real Steinway D recording)

definitively i love this both Steinway (milandigitalaudio and Galaxy).

Regards,

Olivier

I\'d like to think that it\'s not synthetic sounding. That may be the case. But who would know until more solo pieces are provided. They\'re asking $279US after all!

JG

I\'m listening to the demos of the Milan Steinway. Lots of demos. More realistic sound, don\'t you think?

JG

No, I don\'t think so. Btw, I only hear forte in the Milan Steinway, even the pianissimo playing sounds hard.

Go Back to forum