• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga Wallpaper

Share/Bookmark

Giga Wallpaper

Ok, I KNOW already what you are thinking: \"To optimize one\'s Giga performance, turn off screensavers and wallpapers...\"

However, I\'m surprised that some visually creative person hasn\'t made a cool graphic with a Giga theme to use as a wallpaper for their dedicated Giga PCs.

Come on: a 100k image on the desktop won\'t degrade performance THAT much will it?

Anybody have a cool Giga wallpaper?

Re: Giga Wallpaper

Well... I can tell you my Giga PC has a nice exclusive SAM Horns wallpaper! Heheh... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Maarten

Okay, since someone else said it first, I feel better about bringing this up... I was just looking around last night for some good desktop images for my computers oriented towards musical themes. Classy stuff, not preschooly. I searched google for hours and couldn\'t find anything. Maybe someone here could point the way?

I think it\'s justifiable, I mean the screens are kind of the focal points of a studio. They should look good, tasteful, and be \"dressed to impress\" as it were. We\'re artists, not technicians. Plain black or blue just won\'t do.

Thanks fer the reference guys, there are a couple of possibilities from what little I saw of the webshots site, and I really like the one you mentioned, Maarten. It had the classy feel I had in mind.

I think I\'m actually going to take the time to create a couple of images the way I want them. Prior to studying music I was a graphic artist, so it\'s been a while, but I\'m sure I\'ve still got it in me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When I\'m done I\'ll post links to em here if anyone else is interested in this kind of thing.

I used this one for a couple of weeks.
    Very stylish and has some musical elements too...

http://www2.hku.nl/~maarte2/pic/slickjackplug.jpg

Maarten

Look through Webshots.com at location http://www.webshots.com/search/search.fcgi?words=musical+instruments&noRedir=1&pa ge=1. Ther are quite a few pages of things related to musical instruments.

For the record a background image WILL increase resources and could produce unwanted results while using GS, especially on lower end pc\'s. Even more so if you\'re running in a high resolution or high color mode. (32bit color, true color, etc.)

I know when I used to run my sequencer with a background image on, the screen updates slowed down.

Besides, my screen is maximized when GS is running, I never see the desktop anyway! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Correct, also make sure that you do NOT have the Active Desktop enabled, which also tends to eat some CPU power. I believe this option is required if you want to display JPG images on the desktop.

Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    Correct, also make sure that you do NOT have the Active Desktop enabled, which also tends to eat some CPU power. I believe this option is required if you want to display JPG images on the desktop.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Correct, not to mention the other hassles Active Desktop introduces to 9X/ME machines. Turn that crap OFF. Right-Click on the desktop, go to Active Desktop, and be sure that \"Show Web Content\" or \"View As Webpage\" is not checked. If you find a good pic online that you want to use as a background, just rightclick on the image, and choose \"Set As Background.\"

I\'ve got a nice 800x600 Dimmu Borgir pic blown up to 1600x1200, running at 16-bit color, and GS performs just fine. (Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB of RAM, Win98SE)

Please check this topic the next days... something\'s gonna happen... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hansi

Go Back to forum