• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drum/percussion solutions

Share/Bookmark

Drum/percussion solutions

I am looking for a drum library or libraries that is multipurpose. It is hard to define what exactly I\'m looking for. Perhaps the term I am looking for would fit acoustic, jazz, and pop. Something that just sounds good.

I\'m also looking for any libraries that sounds like Enigma drums or those used in new age type music.

I am thinking of Drumkit from Hell superior but are there any other ones I should consider?

Re: Drum/percussion solutions

Groove Agent absolutely SMOKES - but I\'d recommend a good-to-great VST host for seamless integration. Wirebird is a contributer here, and he was principal in it\'s development and can probably offer more info that I could as a simple user. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] What kind of sequencing environment do you use?

As far as Enigma goes I think Metamorphosis or Ethno Techno or maybe even Distorted Reality could be worth a listen.

Good suggestions. I completely had forgotten to check out spectrasonics stuff. I wish the older spectrasonics libraries were cheaper though.

Yea, Spectra and Zero-G ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by panzerD:
    Good suggestions. I completely had forgotten to check out spectrasonics stuff. I wish the older spectrasonics libraries were cheaper though.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think most of them are very reasonably priced. Vocal Planet is very expensive however, and I wish I could buy it. I dont want every part of that collection so it would be great to split it up. I also think Zimmer guitars should come down in price, becuase I want volume II. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ed

For an enigma sound I think getting Stylus and Liquid Grooves and Ethno world would have you covered quite well. Layering all these will do wonders as they are all different. I would even suggest getting Distorted Reality Groove Control, which contains all the grooves from DR1 and 2 and a few more but in Groove Control format. These grooves seem totally different to anything else EP has done. In fact I wish he would do more.

(liqued grooves, because it has a live percussion feel. Its well worth the money and I was very happy with it, as with all spectrasonics libraries I\'ve bought)

Ed

Go Back to forum