• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kirk Hunter Brass, Sniper, and a theme...

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter Brass, Sniper, and a theme...

In case anybody is interested, the link below is to a web page featuring the game \"Sniper\", due to ship September 17th. I did the main theme and some other music for the game. There is a link there for the main theme called \"Fear the Sniper\" (which I wrote). Of some interest was the use of the BETA Kirk Hunter Brass. Mainly I used KHB trombones and french horn, with SAMs trumpets at the end. There is a LOT of trumpets in the KHB beta, but I did not have time to audition them, and I was used to the SAMs: the part called for FF trumpets and SAMs does that very well indeed. I also used VOTA/UTIL, reworked Percussive Adventures, GOS, Roland strings and percusssion, some Steve Stevens guitar, and other misc stuff. Later this week I will make my own \"Sniper\" page on my web site that will feature more music from \"Sniper\", some of which uses a whole bunch of the GTown samples. Check out the theme if you like:
    http://www.xicat.com/sniper_home.html

Re: Kirk Hunter Brass, Sniper, and a theme...

Great stuff!

Thanks Nick! Hope you liked the VOTA/UTIL stuff. Who says you cannot do subtle things with VOTA?! My favorite toy.

OK, I now have a \"Sniper\" page at my site with the primary music from the game. \"Blood and Glory\" (the name was not my idea this time) really uses a lot of the GTown percussion. Tob, you were a lifesaver. The right stuff at the right time. Anyway, for your listening pleasure:

http://www.sierra-trails.com/snipermusic.htm

Sounds like it\'ll be very effective in the game Doyle!

Makes me wish I had any time to check out some of the new game titles that\'ll be hitting the market soon.

Good luck!

Ryan.

Nice Stuff Doyle

Doyle,

The music sound very good....do you know if the game will come out for PS2 or Xbox?

About the brass, I liked the low hits towards the end of the piece, but the FH and Trombones seemed a bit too mellow.....what are your impressions of the sounds so far?

They better not come out with an XBox or PS2 version: I will be POed that I did not work in a platform bonus into the contract.

\"About the brass, I liked the low hits towards the end of the piece, but the FH and Trombones seemed a bit too mellow.....what are your impressions of the sounds so far\"

If you are talking about the theme and the KHB, I was not really reaching for FF horns there, so it was to be more than mellow, but less than screaming. There is way more KHB than I used, and he just sent me 19 more disks. Yikes! But what fun. More later as I learn more about the lib. Great stuff so far...

Oh, and thanks for the nice comments guys!

Doyle,

Great work! Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy the KHB research.

Regards,
    Didier

Go Back to forum