• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trumpet Demo for fans of Sunday Morning

Share/Bookmark

Trumpet Demo for fans of Sunday Morning

http://www.alanjoseph.com/SundayMorning.mp3

This piece is called \"Abblasen\" and is the famous opening piece to CBS\'s Sunday Morning, it is currently being performed on CBS by Wynton Marsalis. He redid the intro theme for their 25th anniversary. What I posted is me playing it thru GPO...

Re: Trumpet Demo for fans of Sunday Morning

This sounds quite realistic! I think this sounds really good for a library designed as a sketch pad.

I.....need.....a......breath!

Did you play that at actual speed, or speed it up after? Nice job!

-- Martin

Sorry, but I was expecting to be blown away, being GPO and all. Instead, at times it sounds like a harmonica to me. Granted, it does sound considerably better than the cheesy internal GM sound on my kids\' computer, but not much more impressive than many free soundfonts, for example...

There\'s a link to Marsalis playing it here:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/sunday/main3445.shtml
    Also, this page has a MIDI file for comparison purposes:
    http://abel.hive.no/trumpet/bach/reiche/abblasen.html

Originally posted by XanaX:
    Sorry, but I was expecting to be blown away, being GPO and all.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL! good one....

Alex

What is the function of GPO forum?

Alex

Alan,

the performance sounds very automated and Sibelius-ised. I think a more human touch is essential to make this sampled instrument come to life.

Wynton is an amazing trumpeter. I remember hearing him at a gig quite a few years back when he played Hummel\'s trumpet concerto. 3 standing encores at the end, after which he played some wacky triple-tongued version of the Dance of the furies by Glock. I don\'t think there was a breath left in the house - they\'d all been taken away!.

Alan.....

....did you use a midi file?

If you did, you really should say so in your post.
    You have to admit it bears a strikingly similar arrangement/tempo to the midi file Xanax posted. I hope you can refute this, because I am not a fan of listening to a comp, while being under the impression that it was at least programmed by the poster, then finding this not to be the case. (if you recall, this happened here recently and was not well received)

Don\'t get me wrong, I have no issues with listening to a tweaked and rendered midi file in order to hear a lib... I just want to know that going in.

sorry if this comes off sounding crabby, but I am feeling... well... crabby this morning. Hope I am proven wrong.

cb

Originally posted by rJames:
    I think we have to decide what is the purpose of our post and then be ready to accept the results.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Smart! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

Yes this was from the MIDI file posted above, I just tweaked it in the places I thought it should be tweaked.

This was just for fun, I had just finished watching the show that morning and thought it would be fun to post, not a big deal, I only mentioned it was from GPO in the first post to avoid the \'which lib did you use\' question.

This isn\'t exactly GPO at its best, just a board kid on a Sunday afternoon...

Sorry.

Go Back to forum