• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piano Demo - Forums opinion wanted!

Share/Bookmark

Piano Demo - Forums opinion wanted!

If I where to make a \"crippled\" demo of a sampled piano, what would the ideal format be?
    Two full octaves and all the C\'s?
    Any other suggestions?

Re: Piano Demo - Forums opinion wanted!

Hi Worra!
    I for one would be very interrested in trying a couple of octaves of the white grand, if that\'s what you\'re implying. Two octaves plus all the C\'s or A\'s or whatever is a good idea. The middle two octaves are probably most used, so that might be a good idea.. Playable demoes of sample libs is a very good thing! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Plundrik:
    Hi Worra!
    I for one would be very interrested in trying a couple of octaves of the white grand, if that\'s what you\'re implying. Two octaves plus all the C\'s or A\'s or whatever is a good idea. The middle two octaves are probably most used, so that might be a good idea.. Playable demoes of sample libs is a very good thing! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I was thinking about C2-B3 full octaves and all C\'s,
    This would stiil be to big for downloading, around 1.5Gb, so it have to be on a DVD (could squeeze Giga, HALion and Kontakt versions on the same DVD).
    So, here\'s the setup:

If I where to make it possible to buy such a demo, at a low cost, to cover expensis, say $20.
    Then, if you bought the full product, that amount would be reducted.
    Would this be interesting?

I think that something needs to be done to let people evaluate libraries in a better way then now.
    Listening to mp3 demos just not good enough!
    We at SampleTekk has taken steps to make it easier for our customers by having a license that can be resold, so your not stuck with something you don\'t want, but this would be a way of actually testing the sounds before buying them.
    The ultimate would be to test the whole un-crippled library, but I don\'t think the humanity have reached that point just yet.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So what do you say? Would this be a way?

This is s brilliant idea!
    Although, come to think of it, it would probably result in me buying even more libraries. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I think this could be a good way for many people to evaluate a product, but I for one would not be interrested in purchasing a demo product. This is just my opinion, others might think otherwise! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Your website probably can\'t take the load, but a 1.5 GB download isn\'t crazy with todays internet connections. Perhaps a ONE octave demo could be better suited for a downloadable demo?

Cheers! And keep up the good work! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Plundrik:
    I think this could be a good way for many people to evaluate a product, but I for one would not be interrested in purchasing a demo product. This is just my opinion, others might think otherwise! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Your website probably can\'t take the load, but a 1.5 GB download isn\'t crazy with todays internet connections. Perhaps a ONE octave demo could be better suited for a downloadable demo?

Cheers! And keep up the good work! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The price($20) would be for material and handling. As I said, if you would buy the whole product, the $20 would be reducted.
    Also, by putting something this big up for download, this would meen that I\'d have to pay for the bandwidth, that I fear would be substatial. So bottom line is, I have to charge for my actual cos, but that would be reducted if you buy the whole product.

Come on NS forum, I know your out there! I need more opinions!!!!!

I for one would be willing to spend $20 for the two octaves and C\'s demo, assuming it\'s the two octaves with all the layers, so we get a full sense of the instrument.

On second thought, it might be tempting.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you could fit the gig on a cd (compressed) then the cost would be closer to $2..

I think this is a great idea, except how much would the shipping and tax be to, say, the UK?

I think it is a good idea too, but after having the White Grand, I don\'t see why anyone wouldn\'t want it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum