• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic Gets a new UI !

Share/Bookmark

Logic Gets a new UI !

Any Logic users out there may be interested in this. I normally don\'t care much for graphics in audio applications but I\'ve never really found Logic to be \"easy on the eyes\" as far as the GUI is concerned.

Here is a link to pictures from NAMM of Logic\'s new look as well as some of the new plugins included (Guitar Amp, Sculpture, and UltraBeat).

Logic Pics

There\'s also a link to some movies about the plugins on that site but the url won\'t work when I paste it in here so you\'ll have to click it from that site. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Logic Gets a new UI !

I saw it at NAMM, but I don\'t see that Logic has a new interface!

Yeah, before you get too excited and rush out to get the new Logic Pro, realize that the GUI will not change until the next update is released which could be today, could be in a couple of months.

However, do go out and get Logic Pro, I think this has to be hands down one of the best offers in audio software history, especially if you\'re upgrading from Platinum for $199 (like moi).

UI is also Dutch for onion [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (mmm, I\'d like some uiensoep right now...)

Therefore, I\'d like to give Logic a big onion award for its UI!

I use 5.5 on PC and I think (at least for PC users!) it is a terribly inconsistent, unpredictable and confusing interface. Cubase SX is miles ahead in this department. Of course, I haven\'t been able to follow the latest UI developments due to the Apples and Onions issue... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by midphase:
    Yeah, before you get too excited and rush out to get the new Logic Pro, realize that the GUI will not change until the next update is released which could be today, could be in a couple of months.

However, do go out and get Logic Pro, I think this has to be hands down one of the best offers in audio software history, especially if you\'re upgrading from Platinum for $199 (like moi).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well it\'s a good deal if you can stand Logic but not everyone is enamored of it as some.

I realize that this isn\'t the \"really big\" UI overhaul, but it is starting to look more like a \"MAC\" app. It\'s way better than 5.5 at any rate. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well it\'s a good deal if you can stand Logic but not everyone is enamored of it as some.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m not trying to convince you to use it for one minute, but to dismiss a brilliant program in one sweep of the hand is just ludicrous. A lot really bright people have made it their live\'s work for several years!

I woud feel the same if you\'d made the same statement about any program - this is not a religious reaction.

Go Back to forum