• Register
  • Help

Topic: AC DC Fugue

Share/Bookmark

AC DC Fugue

AC DC Fugue

The title comes from the first 4 notes of the subject.

The mp3 is GPO organ.

Richard

Re: AC DC Fugue

ACDC,not an easy melody line, but you managed it very nicely.

Thanks for posting

Ted

Here I was expecting "Highway to Hell" in fugue form. Instead you had a bit of Tesla and abit of Edison.

Very clever!

Hi Richard,

Once again you did the totally unexpected. Building a fugue out of a apparently non-fugue theme. And with success! I love it, although I sometimes lose insight in the chord progression.

Kindly,

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Richard,

Once again you did the totally unexpected. Building a fugue out of a apparently non-fugue theme. And with success! I love it, although I sometimes lose insight in the chord progression.

Kindly,

Max
    Well, thank you Max. It is a rather strange idea, but I twas rather certain it would work. The chord progressions are definitely secondary to the melodic lines, and may seem somewhat strange, but they feel right to me, even when I do not fully understand what I have done! My guide is Hindemith, who said something like "the ear is the final arbiter." I think Aaron Copland said something similar, and so did Duke Ellington.

I have one more fugue which I am reviewing for stupid errors, and then I will post it. It is a triple fugue, in which the three subjects join together near the end for a quod libet. I can't remember the technical term for such a quod libet, but somebody will probably let me know.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, thank you Max. It is a rather strange idea, but I twas rather certain it would work. The chord progressions are definitely secondary to the melodic lines, and may seem somewhat strange, but they feel right to me, even when I do not fully understand what I have done! My guide is Hindemith, who said something like "the ear is the final arbiter." I think Aaron Copland said something similar, and so did Duke Ellington.

I have one more fugue which I am reviewing for stupid errors, and then I will post it. It is a triple fugue, in which the three subjects join together near the end for a quod libet. I can't remember the technical term for such a quod libet, but somebody will probably let me know.

Richard
    You mean a canon in a canon?

Go Back to forum