• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: IT'S HERE! ORCHESTRATION CHAllENGE #29! With #prizes !!!!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation IT'S HERE! ORCHESTRATION CHAllENGE #29! With #prizes !!!!

If you've been around on this forum for more than a couple of years, you will probably remember our exciting Orchestration Challenges. I think we had 28 of them. They were great fun, as well as being an opportunity to get valuable feedback on your work and be able to compare your entry to how others approached the same problem.

Now it's time for #29! Your task is to create a cue for a fictitious client, who has provided the following brief:

Good day, fair musicians! A radio advert we are about to mount, to invite one and all to visit Buckingham Palace. Our wish is to obtain background music to accompany the announcement which our herald has already recorded here:

https://app.box.com/s/kupwd72uyj15h1rb79i1

We desire music that is regal but at the same time welcoming. If possible, please mix the music with the supplied voice-over so that we may hear the finished result, as it will air on ye olde radio. Any further questions, please post to this fine forum and your answer will be displayed for all to see promptly.

The rules:

• Entries must be submitted by midnight (Eastern time) on March 18th, 2014. Submit via e-mail to owenheritage@gmail.com. MP3 files are preferred, but you can send in any format you wish if you cannot convert to MP3. (That email address has no limit on the size of email that it will accept, so don't worry if you have a file larger than 5mb.)
    • ​You may submit more than one entry if you would like.
    • At least for this first of the re-born challenges, no stipulations are being made about use of Garritan products or lack thereof. Use any libraries you want. However, we would ask that entrants list the libraries used once the results have been announced.
    • Voting will begin shortly after March 18th and last for about one week (although it might be extended if voting is still thick and fast).
    • As before, you will be allowed to vote on your own entry, if you think it's the best!
    • If you can't decide between two or more entries, you may cast a vote for more than one.
    • However, you may only cast one vote per entry, even though the poll will probably allow you to vote more than once. This will be on an honor system.
    • People that have donated prizes are allowed to participate. The competition is open to everyone, except me (since I will be hosting the voting).

Prizes for the winners:
    FIRST PRIZE: A free copy of Olympus Micro Choir (a $20 value - thanks to TedVanya and another anonymous forum member for donating this prize) - listen to a piece of mine using this library alongside GPO here.

SECOND PRIZE: A free copy of Randy Bowser's excellent auto harp instrument for Aria(a $10 value - thanks to Randy for donating this prize).

THIRD PRIZE: An hour or two of my time to help with a project of your choice - recording a live piano part, rendering, compositional assistance - anything you'd like! (Dubious value - you might regret you won this prize!)

Have fun!

Best wishes to all my Forum friends
    Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: IT'S HERE! ORCHESTRATION CHAllENGE #29! With prizes!!!!

Now we're talkin'-! It's a great scenario you've presented - Perfect, coming from our Prince Charles look-alike--ha!

Be sure to tell folks where to send their MP3s!

Thanks, Owen - This is great. AND it's also great that you've upped the ante with another prize, a very cool one at that!

Randy

Thanks, Randy. I had this nagging feeling I'd forgotten something. Info has been added to the post.

Sounds like fun. Let's see what we can come up with.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Sounds like fun. Let's see what we can come up with.
    That's the spirit! I'm sure it will be lots of fun.

Owen, do you want people to use the Herald's voice track only for reference, or should they mix their music in with that track?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Owen, do you want people to use the Herald's voice track only for reference, or should they mix their music in with that track? Randy
    Please mix it in if you have that ability. The client would like to hear the finished version as it will air on radio, if possible.

Looking good! The voiceover has already been downloaded 7 times! Looks like we could have a good amount of entries.

Have fun with it!
    Owen

HAHA! So much fun. Can we do 2 versions? LOL.
    ~Rod

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    HAHA! So much fun. Can we do 2 versions? LOL. ~Rod
    Yes, indeed. The client would be happy to consider two or more versions. All the more to select from.

Go Back to forum