• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO & VSL ANNOUNCES RECIPROCAL COLLABORATION

Share/Bookmark

GPO & VSL ANNOUNCES RECIPROCAL COLLABORATION

Gary Garritan and Herb Tucmandl announce a collaboration in an unprecedented effort to provide orchestral sampled sounds to a wide array of musicians. Garritan Personal Orchestra users will be able to purchase the Vienna Symphonic Library at a discount. Vienna Symphonic Library owners will also be entitled to a discount on Garritan Personal Orchestra.

Gary Garritan and the Vienna Symphonic Library are the only two sample libraries to win the coveted Electronic Musician Editor\'s Choice Award. Both have been recipients and nominees of various industry awards and have set new standards in innovation and excellence. Both share many of the same goals and visions and it is natural to work together.

The two libraries compliment each other nicely. Garritan Personal Orchestra users can now enjoy a new palette of orchestra sounds at their disposal as well as Vienna’s exclusive Performance Tool including the unique Legato Mode. Vienna Symphonic Library owners can also have new sounds as well as the ability to work with notation programs.

Perhaps this will start a new trend of cooperation among sample content developers in order to meet the needs of today\'s musicians.
    According to Mr. Garritan, \"This collaboration will represent the first time two leading orchestral library developers have gotten together to cooperate. It is a great thing for sample developers to join hands and work together to find avenues of cooperation. I hope this will result in a new level of expectations in the industry.\"

The GPO full purchase price of $249 will be applied as a credit to the purchase of the Vienna Symphonic Library’s Complete Packages (including the Orchestral Cube and the Performance Set) of either the First Edition or the Pro Edition. $150 will apply to the Performance Set of either the First Edition or the Pro Edition, and a $100 discount will apply to the new OPUS 1 library which contains handpicked samples and Performance Elements from the Vienna Symphonic Library\'s Pro Edition. And owners of the Vienna Symphonic Libraries will be entitled to a 15% discount off the list price of Garritan Personal Orchestra. Ordering details will be posted soon.

Gary Garritan

Garritan Personal Orchestra website: http://www.garritan.com

Vienna Symphonic Library website: http://www.vsl.co.at

See announcement in the VSL forum: http://www.vsl.co.at/english/pages/forum/start/forum.htm

Re: GPO & VSL ANNOUNCES RECIPROCAL COLLABORATION

What a surprise !

Thank you,

andyt

Cool manouevering.
    So GPO has an upgrade path (to compete with Silver to Gold), and VSL an entry level library (to compete with Silver).

Touche!

As an Opus 1 owner, I\'m interested in the cross-grade price of GPO. I hope that this deal will be available to European customers buying either from VSL directly or through resellers - in my case, Time and Space and Turnkey in London. Financially, it will only make sense if it does (tariffs, duties, shipping etc).

I wonder if this announcement means that GPO will now not evolve into anything other than... well, VSL.

Good luck to Garritan and VSL
    Heath

Great news! Thank you Gary and Herb! Now all we need is to add the ambience of EWQL... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Now all we need is to add the ambience of EWQL... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Shouldn\'t be too hard. Recording engineers have been doing it for years...

Originally posted by robgb:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Now all we need is to add the ambience of EWQL... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Shouldn\'t be too hard. Recording engineers have been doing it for years... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

My post was meant to suggest a possible 3-way deal between the popular and fantastic libraries we have available today. It was not meant in any way as a slight against GPO (which I own, love and use every day) and VSL (which I will now buy soon).

Originally posted by robgb:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Shouldn\'t be too hard. Recording engineers have been doing it for years... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wait ... wait !!! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by andyt:
    Cool manouevering.
    So GPO has an upgrade path (to compete with Silver to Gold), and VSL an entry level library (to compete with Silver).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Compete ?

Go Back to forum