• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem re-installing Independence Free - can anyone help?

Share/Bookmark

Problem re-installing Independence Free - can anyone help?

I have tried to re-install Independence Free on my Windows XP machine. The actual sample player downloads and installs fine, but the package of sound fonts does not. Magix now has you download a downloader, which fails on my machine. I tried to do the same on my Windows 8 machine - it worked fine. Then I tried copying over the library files to the XP machine. The sounds appeared to be there, but when trying to open, an error message was generated - "This library has not been activated" (not sure what it means by that).

Does anyone know of a workaround, or if you happen to have the old library installer file (pretty sure it was over 1GB), I would pay you to burn to DVD and mail to me!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: Problem re-installing Independence Free - can anyone help?

Owen, I'm afraid I don't have answers for you - But your post made me think, again, of how Independence Free just stopped working for me quite awhile ago, and I have no idea why. I used to use on this computer, but something got broken. Sonar doesn't pick up on the .dll file for it in my VST folder, so I don't have access to it. Just now I looked around, and found the .exe file for the stand-alone version - not sure I ever opened that before. I opened it, all looked right - but I couldn't get any sound out of it.

So - I suppose I could start from scratch again - I may still have the installer I used years ago for this.

If I discover anything potentially useful, I'll let you know. Meanwhile - My Independence isn't working either.

Randy

Mine worked fine until I had to rebuild the computer a month ago. Really miss that guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    Mine worked fine until I had to rebuild the computer a month ago. Really miss that guitar!
    It really is one of the best, maybe The best free things available to MIDI musicians. Like I said - I have No idea what went wrong with my installation, but it just stopped working. BUT, just now I looked in my Downloads - I keep almost everything, and I see all of Yellow Tools Independence stuff is there the installer, all the content packages, manuals - I think I'll un-install and run this again, see how it goes.

Randy

Well. I uninstalled, re-installed - Exactly the same results. Sonar doesn't see the .dll file in the VST directory, when I open stand-alone, there's no sound - And I don't understand how it's supposed to be registered. According to the manual, the first time you go to add an instrument, the pop-up for registering comes up - That didn't happen.

It's been so long, years, since I first got this. I can't remember what I did to make it work, but as I recall, it wasn't a hassle. But I haven't been able to use it for years.

Randy

Pity. Well, I guess we get what we pay for!

Go Back to forum