• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: DIVA in the spotlight - an open letter from BELA D

Share/Bookmark

DIVA in the spotlight - an open letter from BELA D

We will not discuss the beast that lies beneath some of the resent criticism of our product.
    That is not our fight and it is best for us to stay away - We are posting now for a chance to
    allow those with an open mind to visit the Bela D demo room and listen to \"official\" demos that have been approved by us.

With that said - We will put our best effort forward, look to the future and invite you to our demo room.

http://www.beladmedia.com/demos1.htm

Respectfully,
    Francis and Dawn Belardino
    www.beladmedia.com

*This message has been edited -fb

Re: DIVA in the spotlight - an open letter from BELA D

Hey Frank and Dawn,
    you don\'t need to justify yourself!You\'re product speaks for his own. I just hope this \"censorship\", \"sound developper pressure\" and \"Simon banned\" will not be associated with your product. Maybe you should just ignore unconstructive critics in the future and listen to the more constructive suggestions... well, but what do *I* know about these questions,
    all the best,
    Markus.

If I look at what\'s been happening with GPO, I see that a lot of people have been negative, saying that it\'s more like a toy, sounds cheap, etc. Throughout, Gary has been classy, not responding to these critiques. He\'s on record as saying that he never meant to be compared to the big libraries.In the meantime, I\'m sure GPO is selling very, very well. There are some pretty bad demos by newbies, and much better ones by people with more experience (and on the website). The latest by Francesco got a thumbs up from Nick Phoenix (!).

What am I trying to say? Let the people say what they want, and stand by your product. The demos, by you and others, along with the positive feedback and support will do the rest. But please don\'t try to fight with the users, you\'ll never win or look good.

BTW, with Diva, you\'re trying to do something very, very hard. The human ear is particularly sensitive to the human voice, more than any other sound. We are all \'experts\' at hearing other humans speak and sing. If people can be super critical about anything sampled, it\'s going to be the human voice. So if you\'re going to make a virtual singer, it better be really amazing. Look at how people put down Yamaha\'s efforts. Yes, Diva\'s price is great, and it\'s a great scratch tool, I\'m sure. But some people perhaps expect to be able to use it to replace a singer for a professional film/tv contract, and they are dissapointed when they hear Diva.

Oh dear...all your doing with an opening like that is making everyone who could care less about what was said in another thread wonder \"Gee...what\'s wrong with this library?\" when it\'s actually one of the better libraries to come along in some time.

When you keep stirring the mud, all you get is murky water. So don\'t make the classic developer mistake and let one or two comments get you in super defensive mode. You\'re being way too sensitive about a few select comments and you\'re only hurting the product image by carrying this negativity over into a new thread.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by Bela D Media:
    We will not discuss the beast that lies beneath some of the resent criticism of our product.
    That is not our fight and it is best for us to stay away - We are posting now for a chance to
    allow those with an open mind to visit the Bela D demo room and listen to \"official\" demos that have been approved by us.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Yes, I am inclined to agree with you. I understand your point. It is a learning curve for us and your comment makes perfect sense.

Thank you for the kind words as well. We thought it would be best to do the invite and it really is nothing more than just that - however, when you opened our eyes - as you just did - perhaps it is best for us to simply allow the good things being said to speak on their own.

Thank you for your honesty and advice.

Im used to recording only pop songs (in a non-english language), and have hardly been exposed to Opera singing. So I can be considered a layman in that area, and I personally cant distinguish between the Diva samples (in the demo mp3s) and real singing. So I assume most casual listeners will not be able to find a distinction either. I\'ll be buying both versions.

Thank you for your feedback [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you are a GPO user - you still have time to save 20% on our bundle.

Email admin@beladmedia.com for details.

Is everybody high?

I just finished a major motion picture with this sample collection. My team uses it every day in our production house and we have found it to be complete and thorough in its production quality.

I would challenge those who have not been able to get quality results from DIVA to push themselves a little harder in the area of mixing and production technique - force yourself out of your comfort zone and experiment with some new concepts.

All a sample library is good for anyway is to be used as a springboard for fresh ideas. If you want something out of the can that you can use to rip-off the latest trend, then no - DIVA is probably not the right thing for you. But if you are fresh in your approach to instrumentation and writing and you are open to different sonic possibilities, then a little DIVA mixed with some experimentation goes a long, long way.

You will be hearing DIVA on two of my upcoming projects here at Raven.

What a cool website/splash page [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

RAVEN SOFTWARE

Go Back to forum