• Register
  • Help

Topic: New SILVER composition...

Share/Bookmark

New SILVER composition...

Hi there is my first SILVER composition -done quick...
    It was on ewqlso formu but I throwed it here in case someone is not \"visitor\" of ewqlso forum...
    -------> http://www.galerieskacelik.cz/silveroverture.mp3
    more reverb=------> http://www.galerieskacelik.cz/silver overtureFINALREV.mp3

Re: New SILVER composition...

Yep, it has very nice moments..
    2nd link doesn´t work.
    Keep on!!.
    D.M

Not bad at all, but I think that the individual elements are too bunched-up for my taste. It makes the piece sound too \'fake\' in my view. I have the same problem as well, until I start taking each of the sections apart, remembering that orchestras are made up of individual people, each playing a little differently from each other. Note that I\'m not saying that you should have 75+ tracks! Just that the winds should have more independence, perhaps through counterpoint, the brass should have more relief (they sound too much like one mass, one block right now), etc. I\'m not sure, but I also think that the winds might be too loud.

Ned - thanks for technical advice but what is \"bunched\"? I wanted it to sound more classical way no hollywood cliche(runs, percussions boom bangs..)

Bunched means close together, like playing cards placed together in a neat pile. Like asparagus wrapped with a piece of string. Or like a Tutti chord, where all the instruments are playing at exactly the same time. I would propose that your sections sound more musically separated from each other, to add more \'life\' to the sound.

Good ideas...

but you must use way more hyperdrawing, which means drawing volume curves to make the instruments sound more alive.

Go Back to forum