• Register
  • Help

Topic: Blazing Brass

Share/Bookmark

Blazing Brass

It's not Jazz per se but this ensemble does consist of 2 Alto Sax, 2 Tenor Sax, 1 Bari Sax, 4 Trumpets, 4 Trombones, Piano, Guitar, Bass, and Drum Set. And this is a rehash of a work I wrote long ago.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...ng%20Brass.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Blazing Brass

This is one of the most invigorating pieces I have heard in quite a long time. The over-all unique sound and rhythm make it a delight. What samples did you use? Please tell us more about your use of software. Is it possible to see the score?

Tom

!! Zoooom, this really takes off and just keeps on going! Really nice work, Mitch - AND, alert - for some reason, the link at the MM Garritan Forum isn't working. It looks the same as the one posted here, but I kept getting a 404 error over there - go take a look.

EDIT: Mitch, I looked at the URL you have over at MM, and it wasn't complete. I posted a working URL on your thread there, but you'll want to replace the one in your original post also.

Thanks for this excellent shot of musical adrenalin!

Randy

EDIT: Mitch, I looked at the URL you have over at MM, and it wasn't complete. I posted a working URL on your thread there, but you'll want to replace the one in your original post also.

Thanks for this excellent shot of musical adrenalin!

Randy[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out. Thanks for noticing. Guess I should double check my copy and paste skills...

Glad you all like it.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    This is one of the most invigorating pieces I have heard in quite a long time. The over-all unique sound and rhythm make it a delight. What samples did you use? Please tell us more about your use of software. Is it possible to see the score?

Tom
    Tom,

This is Finale 2014 with Garritan JABB. Nothing more. Thanks for listening. Glad you like it. And here is the score. Still needs a bit of cleaning up but I hope it will suffice...

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...ng%20Brass.pdf

Mitch

My arms were pumping as this was playing. This is a very active piece and I liked it. I enjoyed your post. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    My arms were pumping as this was playing. This is a very active piece and I liked it. I enjoyed your post. Jay
    Thanks for listening Jay! Glad you like it.

Mitch

Lots of action! I can see this one backing a WWII dogfight scene. Considering this was done with notation software the energy really pops out of the score.

I kept feeling I was hearing some occasional phasing artifacts, maybe in the trumpets in the beginning. Maybe you want to double check that the four trumpet lines are assigned independently to JABB trumpets 1-4 in Aria.

Don't get paranoid with this observation through, could just be my headphones or my fuzzy brain inserting this.

Fantastic, Mitch. I'm not such a brass-man, but I love the burning energy and the pulsating rhythm. Wonderful! Maybe the percussion could have a more prominent role. It's somewhere in the back (until the very end), but it can help the rhythmic.

Very well done and respect for the many, many notes in Finale!

Max

Go Back to forum