• Register
  • Help

Topic: The GOS reverb impulse

Share/Bookmark

The GOS reverb impulse

Hello friends!

In just the past week, I\'ve seen all sorts of raves about the GOS impulse for Altiverb/Acoustic Mirror, and I was just wondering if there were any way to get this without the purchase of GOS itself. Don\'t get me wrong, I\'d love to buy GOS, but I just don\'t have the money for it right now. So if anyone can get back to me on this, I\'d greatly appreciate. Thanks!

Spencer

Re: The GOS reverb impulse

Originally posted by Spenik:
    Hello friends!

In just the past week, I\'ve seen all sorts of raves about the GOS impulse for Altiverb/Acoustic Mirror, and I was just wondering if there were any way to get this without the purchase of GOS itself. Don\'t get me wrong, I\'d love to buy GOS, but I just don\'t have the money for it right now. So if anyone can get back to me on this, I\'d greatly appreciate. Thanks!
    Spencer
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Spenik,

One of the benefits of owning GOS is that we provide continuous amenities in the form of free upgrades. The GOS impulses were included in the upgrades that went to all registered users. These impulses are recorded samples of a well-known hall. A great deal of expertise and cost went into making these samples available to GOS users. Asking for the reverb samples without purchasing the library is just like asking for any other sample in the library. If money is the only obstacle, email me and we\'ll see what we can do to help.

Gary Garritan

You know, Gary, even when you say \"no\" you still try to figure out a way to help.

Would you hurry up and get those other sectional and solo libraries out there, so I can buy \'em?

It\'s becoming a mantra in the industry: the GOS sound and its support level, in combination, raise the bar substantially. Gary Garritan has done the highly unusual; he\'s added INTEGRITY to his product support model.

BTW, any \"teaser\" info on the upcoming libraries?

Since Gary loves to do Teaser Info but never seems to say \"when\" when he does

I\'ll give some teaser info about an update I\'ve been throwing around in my head for about half a year.

I\'ll be adding some nice expression features to GOS with some updates hopefully by this year. There are other updates from other awesome guys (you know who) this year (which I\'m hoping to add to). Expect more vibrato, and some variations on attack that people have been asking for.

In fact, some of the stuff I\'m adding includes a few things I\'ve never found in any other library with new recorded material from Gary himself.

This is something I truly love about GOS, the updates and upgrades are really something users will want. I\'ve heard things about his libraries from listeners of demos that suggest its not what they want, what I say to them is ASK FOR IT, Gary\'s pretty open to suggestions. If he cant find a way to make the library do what he want, he asks the help of others to help. And in some cases gives new material to the users!!!!

This of course doesn\'t mean the other orchestral and string libraries are wrothless. For instance, I will, mostl likely, ALWAYS use Sonic Implants Strings, even with my proposed updates. Its an optional sound as is GOS, I\'m not sure how Vienna or QLSO will sound as a whole, but I\'m not stupid enough to resid emyself to saying one library will be perfect for every gig. In fact, I\'ve been planning out my own art files for SI, as well as waiting for QLSO and Vienna, however Gary is one of the few developers I\'m not only happy to support but anxious to. In the fact that he makes sure that users of his library are getting more than their money\'s worth.

gawd I sound like an advert, and I\'m not even getting paid.

Wow King, sounds awesome! Gary\'s actually recorded new material for _free_ updates?? Simply incredible... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So the wider vibrato is down to newly recorded stuff? I can\'t really see any other way you\'d do it anyway.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:

gawd I sound like an advert, and I\'m not even getting paid.[/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You can throw in the advert for free, but wouldn\'t it be reasonable for you to negotiate for a small piece of the Garritan pie for all the work you did on the updates?? Although the updates are free, they help to give GOS an edge over competition. I am sure Gary sells more as a result, the proceeds of which goes into his pocket. I don\'t begrudge him a cent, but I am not sure he needs your charity. After all you are a pro

Go Back to forum