• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why are sample libraries so expensive?

Share/Bookmark

Why are sample libraries so expensive?

What makes sample libraries so expensive?

Re: Why are sample libraries so expensive?

Because you buy special rights to use the product as audio material in your own productions.

That\'s not allowed with the \"Eric Clapton Unplugged\" compact disc in your cd case. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maarten

Because the market is very small

Things to remember:

- Small market.
    - Expensive to produce.
    - Your alternative, hiring live players, costs MUCH more than a sample library.

And if you view a sample library as though it were a new \"synthesizer\", it\'s really not that expensive...

Dasher

That\'s indeed a very good reason for buying sample libraries.
    (The only advantage of synthesizers would be that a synthesizer is more handy for live stage performances, I think.)
    A computer can do a lot more then the hardware of an expensive synthesizer and you can choose of an enormous amount of software, samples, sequencers.

Besides the costs of making a sampling cd...it is tedious , not a lot of fun...when you have 15000 samples in front of you that got to be edited/ labeled ....and then mapped. It\'s soo much work ...don\'t get me wrong...it starts out like fun..but then after you have labeld the 5547th sample with its name that goes VSUSWHMSFZ.L and you have sat in front of your computer for 4 weeks 12 hours a day looking at little chunks of soundfiles...you start to feel like a robot - Hi, guys I home. How you ? Everything fine ? Yaa, DGFCBV15.AIFF ...I want Dinnaaa....
    I have a lot of respect for all the sample developers&sound designers, Nick P., Doug R., Maarten S., Scarbee, Eric P., etc....
    Without you guys we wouldn\'t have the sounds that make our productions hot !
    And you deserve to make some money of it...

i agree completely. I\'m amazed at what you guys can sustain to get these libraries done. I\'m convinced that any user that has ever copied a library illegally has never actually edited them, because anyone who has appreciates the developers. Mucho Gracious to all of you!

I also want to express my appreciation for the people making sample libraries, spending amounts of time in doing tiresome work. But the results are a lot of beautiful libraries, with very realistic, natural instruments which give the buyers a lot of musical pleasure.

Hi,

My new Schimmel (tuned ) recorded with 4 vlocity is available for free !!!!!

Recorded at 24 bits/44 KHz

(4*30 samples)

you can hear the demo.

Regards,

Go Back to forum