• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Intimate piece using QLSO

Share/Bookmark

Intimate piece using QLSO

This was my very first piece using QLSO Gold. I\'m still learning this massive beast. This is a very light, intimate piece. I adjusted the attacks and releases on the violins and oboe solo, and threw in a little glisten chimes. The piano is Gigapiano played by me. Dear God, I need a new piano sample. Anyways, tell me what you think! Thanks!

http://www.bsu.edu/web/jlhudson/Jared%20Hudson%20-%20Troubled%20Feelings.mp3

Jared

Re: Intimate piece using QLSO

Nice, Jared. A kind of orchestral ambient cue -- both structured and freeform at the same time (if that\'s possible. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) And the piano sounds much better than you think.

Good, solid work.

As I usually say - changing the envelopes is a great idea... Nice!!!
    I konw that the piano is the main intruments but I would prefer hearing the orquestra a bit more [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !!!

hi Jared

i listened to your piece twice and i like the piano but i felt the overall texture is incomplete for eg what went through my inner ear the 2nd time i listened to it was an oboe or maybe a flute playing a melody the other possibility for my ear would have been to increase tension and treat it as an introduction and than introduce a variation of the texture

just my impressions

cheers

hello jared,
    nice piece....i like the strings and my opinion is that piano is little harsh on this track(in mix), if it can be softer it would fit much greater within the feeling of the track. well done.
    bye

Very nice piece Jared.

As a Gold owner it might be worth checking if you can crossgrade to the Silver version. I know you can crossgrade from Platinum to Silver for $49.

If you did this you\'d get the EW Steinway B that comes with Silver plus some organs and VOTA choir samples.

I enjoyed this cue very much...

As for comments, I can only echo the others and advice a softer piano which should be a bit lower in the mix..

AlEx

Hi Jared,

Nice work. You did a very good job dressing up giga piano too.

Question please. Although this was a quieter composition with less accompaniment, I think you did an effective job keeping the piano out front. How did you do that? The minute I put any kind of strings/woodwinds under my piano, I loose the piano. I would appreciate any hints.

Joanne

Originally posted by Marsdy:
    Very nice piece Jared.

As a Gold owner it might be worth checking if you can crossgrade to the Silver version. I know you can crossgrade from Platinum to Silver for $49.

If you did this you\'d get the EW Steinway B that comes with Silver plus some organs and VOTA choir samples.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">As a Gold owner you are entitled to the silver bonus instruments for FREE. Just order your copy from Sounds online.

Nice and warm sounding piece Jared! It wouldn\'t be hard to attach this to some emotional movie scene.

- Mikko

Originally posted by Miguelo Adorno:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Marsdy:
    Very nice piece Jared.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">As a Gold owner you are entitled to the silver bonus instruments for FREE. Just order your copy from Sounds online.

Nice and warm sounding piece Jared! It wouldn\'t be hard to attach this to some emotional movie scene.

- Mikko
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the comments so far guys! The piano really wasn\'t any secret. All I did was basically push it out front by about 15% volume, and I slightly pulled back on the velocities, but looks like to some people I should\'ve pulled it back even more. I used Sonar 3 Producer making this for the record. I actually made the piano quieter originally (softer velocities), but my ear didn\'t seem to be as pleased with it. The piano was almost too soft.

Also, how do I order my free copy of Silver or, whatever instruments come with it? I\'m quite intrigued by that offer! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jared

Go Back to forum