• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Pulse question

Share/Bookmark

Giga Pulse question

Sorry if this has been covered already... but I am a bit forgettable.

The Giga Pulse that is included with the highest version of GS 3. Is this an integrated part of GS 3 or is it the VST-plugin that can be used outside GS 3 also??? If it is not: wouldn\'t it then be more wise to get the 160 voice Giga 3 version & the GigaPulse as plugin extra???

thankx

Harry

Re: Giga Pulse question

Originally posted by oldh:
    The Giga Pulse that is included with the highest version of GS 3. Is this an integrated part of GS 3 or is it the VST-plugin that can be used outside GS 3 also???
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">GigaPulse Pro, which comes with GigaStudio 3 Orchestra, is an NFX plug-in that only works in GigaStudio.

If it is not: wouldn\'t it then be more wise to get the 160 voice Giga 3 version & the GigaPulse as plugin extra???
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">GS3 has a lot more going for it than just GigaPulse, so I\'d say no. Plus, the version that comes with GS3 does a lot more than GigaPulse VST. First, it\'s 7-channel surround instead of just stereo. Second, it has instrument resonances. I hope to post an example of this soon, it adds a lot of realism to sampled instruments.

Thanks for replying synthetic. I sure understand what you say, that it adds more realism to sampled instruments. But this one does have with the \"little\" versions of GS3 also, right? I personally thought of it more as a \"room simulator\" one can place instruments in (for basic pop/rock stuff for example: \"imitating\" live performance of a 4 man band for example. Positioning the drummer more in the back,the bass player more to the left etc.). If I understand the concept correctly THIS makes the difference between the 160 voice version of GS3 & the high end one, right? So: If I want to use that possibility for my audio tracks I would need to get the VST plugin, I think. All other options are included in the lower versions of GS3 or am I missing something?

As you replied allow me to ask what I addressed on a different forum to you: would you mind posting what your new giga3 PC setup looks like? And regarding upgrade pricing: do you know if that $75 special price for getting GS 160 now also counts for an upgrade to 160 from 96 one would do today?

thankx very much in advance

Harry

You can do the room location stuff you describe in GigaPulse Pro as well as VST. You can also route audio from an external source to GS3 for processing through GigaPulse Pro.

ahhhhhhhh.coool. thankx

Go Back to forum