• Register
  • Help

Topic: DDBE final version ships today

Share/Bookmark

DDBE final version ships today

Dan Dean Brass Ensembles will begin shipping later today. For those of you who purchased pre-release versions, your copies will begin shipping right away.

To the NSS users, DDBE pre-release buyers and to both Mark and Dave - a big note of thanks!

Dan Dean
    Dan Dean Productions
    http://www.dandeanpro.com

Re: DDBE final version ships today

A job extremely well done Dan!

This Ensemble Brass Collection is a must have for anyone into serious orchestral and film productions!

Kip

AND A BIG WALLET, BWA HA HA HA!

I have to highly recommend this library. It flat out puts anything else out there to shame when it comes to orchestral brass.

This collection is to brass what GOS is to strings.

Can anyone comment on the Trumpets. I have heard many good things about the FHs and Bones but some negative comments on the realism of the trumpets.

Rob, I dig them all.

As with any sample library, there is always going to be a preference.

I like them more than SAM Trumpets in that they are more consistant, but I dig SAM\'s variation on short attacks much more.

There is a ton more dynamic variation than any other sample library out there, so its awesome for piano dynamic lines.

The portatos have a nice \"thematic line\" swell, while the sustains work well for legato.

The stacattos are freaking \"rip your head off \" at fff, but I wish there were variations on the \"length\" of them. Perhaps a future update, Dan\'s considering it, and I\'ve got some ideas.

I really dig this lib tho, its the best brass ensemble library out there right now.

Even with SAM horns there are times where I prefer DD\'s more \"bite\" at FFF...then again there are times I prefer SAM\'s more ambient and mellower, yet powerfull FF tone.

Nothing will ever be perfect.

King,

Coming from you - I like what I hear and will probably put this library on \'my list\'. This is what makes this forum so valuable - thanks again for the depth of explanation.

Rob

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Rob Elliott:
    Can anyone comment on the Trumpets. I have heard many good things about the FHs and Bones but some negative comments on the realism of the trumpets.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The trumpets are excellent.

DDBE is my absolute favourite sample lib. !
    First of all the sound is truly great, very warm and dynamicly as wide as you want it to be...

Programing is top notch, and you can realy get extremly realistic belivable results. Right now my strings sound more fake then my brass, and it was allways the other way around.

So, great work Dan!

Alex

Go Back to forum