• Register
  • Help

Topic: EMU Virtuoso 2000

Share/Bookmark

Re: EMU Virtuoso 2000

I\'ve heard the Virtuoso demos... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I don\'t believe they\'d be very good for serious orchestral projects, but for student films I\'m sure they suffice.

Both Virtuoso 2000 and JV-2080 had served me well till I started to use Giga.

There are upgrade pass for both QLSO and VSL. So, buy Gold or Opus 1 before you spend $3000.

Remember, you will have to invest on computer when you use software sampler.

I\'ve had a Virtuoso for about a year and I have to say that it seems a bit thin to me. I find myself constantly going back to my Roland XP-30 for strings and horns. I do however use the percussion alot. I\'ve got a couple demos on the Garritan forum on this site that use the Virtuoso and the XP-30. Take a listen and see what you think.

Eric

Well currently I\'m using a MAC G5 w/ Digital Performer as well as a 3 GHZ PC with Cubase 2.01.

I\'m using a 2nd PC networked with the 3GHZ through FX Teleport. Kontakt is installed on the 3GHZ system itself though. I\'ve thought about trying Gigastudio, but I\'ve already spent enough money on DP/CUBASE/KONTAKT/REASON, and I never work with .gig samples anyway. I know about the upgrade path from GOLD to Platinum, and I\'m surely beginning to think this is the way to go. I\'ll just have to resist the urge to spend tax money on Platinum.

Are there any cons that I should be aware of if I were to buy GOLD or Platinum? Are the sounds truly inspiring? Do you find it terribly difficult to get that \"Huge Hollywood Sound while using only 1 or 2 networked PC\'s???? Actually I suppose you\'re only allowed to install Symphonic Orchestra on 1 PC. HMMM...I have homework to do.

Please feel free to share your experiences....

Originally posted by eaglehvac:
    I\'ve had a Virtuoso for about a year and I have to say that it seems a bit thin to me. I find myself constantly going back to my Roland XP-30 for strings and horns. I do however use the percussion alot. I\'ve got a couple demos on the Garritan forum on this site that use the Virtuoso and the XP-30. Take a listen and see what you think.

Eric
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey I thought that the piano on the 3rd demo was pretty damn great. What did you use? Am I wrong or did the bulk of your percussion come from the Virtuoso? Wait..just read your response more thoroughly. Great stuff kid. You should post more demos. I\'ll have mine up and running ASAP.

EMU Virtuoso 2000

Hello folks..new member here!

I purchased a Virtuoso 2000 at the beginning of 2003, and so far it has served my hiphop/ambient/student film scoring needs well.

I would like to know if any member of this forum has used the virtuoso in their semi pro/pro endeavors when scoring for \"XX\" client. Was it too synthy for your tastes? I am thinking about purchasing Symphonic Orchestra, but I\'m not sure if the $3,000 price tag quite justifies the small income that I make from production as a whole.

I know that some of you may advise me to buy \"Silver\" or \"Gold\", but I\'m one of those \"greedy but not selfish\" types. In case I\'m going off point, would it just be safe to stick with the Virtuoso if I\'m only recording for student films? The clients don\'t seem to mind, but I often feel like the Virtuoso\'s strings and horn samples just aren\'t....stringy and \"horny\" enough.

Go Back to forum