• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Face value

Share/Bookmark

Face value

As far as someone persuaded Greta Garbo to laugh eventually,
    here I am at giving my avatar my actual appearances.
    Hope you still will comment my posts after I put your good taste through the mill.

Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: Face value

Nice photo!

Is being Italian really a full time job, as your signature states?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

... and I thought you really were both John Cleese' and John Belushi's long-lost Italian cousin!

Well I guess I was fooled ... it is nice to finally meet the real Fabio B. and not just an incredible simulation .

Frank (what-you-see-is-what-you-get!)
    Frank D'Erasmo
    FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
    All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop

Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, World, GAS, Stradivari Violin & GigaStudio. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer & Finale.

He is incognito now....... normally he has a big cigar, a flat hat, sunglasses and tuxedo.

Raymond

Hello, Fabio! This is excellent - Now that you've proven you're actually human, I have an idea. With your permission, how about we try to keep this thread going with other members posting head shots of themselves, even if they don't have the pictures in their avatar? Everyone's "Face Value" could be collected here. If that's OK, I have a picture I wouldn't be too embarrassed to put on the thread.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl View Post
    Is being Italian really a full time job, as your signature states?
    Good question. Definitely yes, even if you are unemployed — or retired, as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Frank (what-you-see-is-what-you-get!)
    In my case, what you get is sadly just what you see…

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    He is incognito now....... normally he has a big cigar, a flat hat, sunglasses and tuxedo.
    You are right, Raymond — my always ready for jokes friend from The Netherlands — I usually wear tuxedos at home.
    But since I needed a shot for identity card renewal, I was requested to leave all the garbage away.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    With your permission, how about we try to keep this thread going with other members posting head shots of themselves, even if they don't have the pictures in their avatar? Everyone's "Face Value" could be collected here. If that's OK, I have a picture I wouldn't be too embarrassed to put on the thread.
    Why not, Randy, why not indeed?
    You are an ever bubbling spring of bright ideas.
    I'm sorry the first picture in sight being mine… Not so exciting for forum visitors…
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

I'm really me, but how do you add an image from your C drive? When I click on "Insert Image", all I get is "add a url"?
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    I'm really me, but how do you add an image from your C drive? When I click on "Insert Image", all I get is "add a url"?
    Ha! Good heavens, Kevin - 'Bout time you learn how to insert images!

You have to park your photo at a site that allows hotlinking. That's why it's asking for a URL when you click "insert image." I keep several different accounts going mainly for having a quick easy way to put up photos online. I've had a Tripod account forever. I just upload the picture there, paste in the URL - and that's all there is to it. Lots of image sites don't allow direct linking - like at Box, free accounts can't link like that, but paid accounts can. Look around for something - So many photo sites (I don't use any of them)- but I think some let you link. PhotoBucket - I think they do?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    ...Why not, Randy, why not indeed?…
    Then I'll put one up, and let's see if more people follow suit. Instructions on how to upload a photo to an outside site and link to it were hastily outlined in my last post, for those who didn't know before.

Here I am, looking much more normal than in my avatar! - I'm holding up a coffee mug with the logo for a venerable old club for actors I belonged to in Hollywood when I lived there - The Masquers Club. -- Let's see more Mug shots!

Randy

This is an interesting thread! It's good to see the faces of fellow composers! That's a pretty big cup Randy, a nice size for a fresh hot coffee!!! *Yes, I am a coffee addict and can't go one day without at least one LOL!

Go Back to forum