• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cinebrass into Finale

Share/Bookmark

Cinebrass into Finale

Help me out guys if you can, I have searched and searched and cannot find out how to load Cinebrass into Finale. Any ideas?
    ~Rodney

Re: Cinebrass into Finale

Hey Rodney!

I'm at work so only have a minute but I wanted to help get you going. Here's a link from Make Music for using Kontakt player in Finale, which is what I found you are using as a player for Cinebrass:

http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...aW5sM0M2TGw%3D

Just follow the prompts for using Kontakt with Finale. This should take you through what you need to do. Hope this helps!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    Help me out guys if you can, I have searched and searched and cannot find out how to load Cinebrass into Finale. Any ideas?
    ~Rodney
    What part is giving you trouble? I have CB and Finale and have no trouble loading it. It doesn't show up in the setup wizard when creating a score, but after a score is created, I just change the VST/AU bank from Aria to Kontakt and manually load what patches I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    What part is giving you trouble? I have CB and Finale and have no trouble loading it. It doesn't show up in the setup wizard when creating a score, but after a score is created, I just change the VST/AU bank from Aria to Kontakt and manually load what patches I need.
    I am an idiot when it comes to this stuff guys. I've seen the link before but it just seems like Spanish to me. I cannot get the Kontakt player to show up in Finale.

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Hey Rodney!

I'm at work so only have a minute but I wanted to help get you going. Here's a link from Make Music for using Kontakt player in Finale, which is what I found you are using as a player for Cinebrass:

http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...aW5sM0M2TGw%3D

Just follow the prompts for using Kontakt with Finale. This should take you through what you need to do. Hope this helps!

Gary A.
    Thank you for the quick reply Gary. I have seen that link before but with my idiot computer brain it seems like Spanish to me and then it mentions something about hidden files.
    rodney

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply Gary. I have seen that link before but with my idiot computer brain it seems like Spanish to me and then it mentions something about hidden files.
    rodney
    Lol--You made me look to see if it was in English. My goodness, Rod - It's just the same routine as in all music programs. The host program, Finale in this case, needs a copy of your soft synth's .dll file in its VST folder so it can find it. Not sure what else to explain beyond what's on that link - It shows you the exact locations of everything.-----

EDIT: Hmm, one thing about that info page - That seems to be outdated info on having hidden files displayed on your computer. Here's from a Windows help page - super easy:

"Here's how to display hidden files and folders.

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK."

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Lol--You made me look to see if it was in English. My goodness, Rod - It's just the same routine as in all music programs. The host program, Finale in this case, needs a copy of your soft synth's .dll file in its VST folder so it can find it. Not sure what else to explain beyond what's on that link - It shows you the exact locations of everything.-----

EDIT: Hmm, one thing about that info page - That seems to be outdated info on having hidden files displayed on your computer. Here's from a Windows help page - super easy:

"Here's how to display hidden files and folders.

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK."

Randy
    Lol. Thanks for dealing with me Randy. Trust me, more idiotic questions coming soon. I got my first Daw, God help me. You are a saint for dealing with pathetic creatures such as me. Thank you for the instructions.

Go Back to forum