• Register
  • Help

Topic: Breath CC#15 effecting volume

Share/Bookmark

Breath CC#15 effecting volume

I'm using JABB 3 with Logic. I'm finding the Breath function CC#15 is effecting the volume once its been adjusted. Once moved, I need CC#15 up full, otherwise its track is inaudible. If I don't touch the breath parameter it doesn't effect the volume.

Is this normal? Can anyone shed light on why this should be so?

Thanks.

Re: Breath CC#15 effecting volume

Quote Originally Posted by MJH01 View Post
    I'm using JABB 3 with Logic. I'm finding the Breath function CC#15 is effecting the volume once its been adjusted. Once moved, I need CC#15 up full, otherwise its track is inaudible. If I don't touch the breath parameter it doesn't effect the volume.

Is this normal? Can anyone shed light on why this should be so?

Thanks.
    Hi, MJH01 - I'm just now seeing your message. I'm afraid these sub-Forums aren't visited very regularly anymore. Members tend to post only in General Discussion - So you're free to join in there and ask questions where more members will see them.

It might be due to something in Logic--?-- but CC#15 isn't a breath controller, or "Breath Function" in JABB. #15 is used to turn on falloffs, doits, and kisses in the trumpets. By default it's off, since those articulations are special effects just occasionally used.

In the breath area - CC#2 is the Breath control, an alternate volume control to CC#1 or #11 which are usually used for instrument performance volume. CC#12 controls the air flow noise - useful if you're doing a solo which is really "in your face," where breath noise can add realism.

Look at your copy of the JABB manual (found in the same folder as the Library itself). Appendix A starts on p. 103 and lists the MIDI controllers available and what they do.

Randy

Go Back to forum