• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics at AES

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics at AES

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to extend an invite to all the locals and folks visiting the LA AES show this weekend to stop by our booth and say hello.

We\'re #1134

See you!

spectrum

PS. Oh yeah...and don\'t forget to get a demo of Stylus, Atmosphere and Trilogy too!

Re: Spectrasonics at AES

I checked out Atmospheres and was quite impressed. I\'m not a synth guru, but this one sounded fun. I wish I had time to give it a good go - maybe tomorrow if I can make it back to aes and I\'ll say hello if so [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I just got Stylus and love it. With hard disk space as cheap as it is, this is such a great way to add loops to your music. Way more flexible than CDs or CD-Roms. I can\'t wait for Atmosphere. Of course, I wish Atmos had the same low price as Stylus! At $299 its a no brainer.

Eric, for those of us who couldn\'t make it to AES; what were your new announcements???

Thanks
    Mike

Full OSX support for ALL OSX platforms.

Audio Units next month

RTAS, VST and MAS OSX versions by the end of the year.

All OSX upgrades will be free to registered users.

We were showing for the first time how much more powerful Atmosphere is now that it will be shipping as a full blown synth, that does not only great pads and ambiences, but unique percussive sounds, powerful synths and wild leads....it\' really versatile now.

Best,

spectrum

Apple\'s new OSX system level plug-in standard. Same basic idea as VST, MAS, etc...but it is a truly open standard, that anyone can develop for.

It\'s also an extremely good new standard for development. Better than VST, MAS and RTAS....it will allow us to do some new things on OSX.

Right now, only Logic OSX supports it.....but it\'s going to be a flood of stuff soon, and eventually MOTU, Steinberg and DIgi will come on board......it makes so much more sense to have a good common standard that none of these players owns or controls.

The transition to wide acceptance of this common Audio Units standard will take some time, but we will be there from the start.

Currently.....it\'s for Logic users on Mac OSX.....but that will begin to change a lot as more companies (and new developers) begin to adopt this standard.

spectrum

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We were showing for the first time how much more powerful Atmosphere is now that it will be shipping as a full blown synth, that does not only great pads and ambiences, but unique percussive sounds, powerful synths and wild leads....it\' really versatile now. <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Eric, the Percussion that you are talikg about that will be included in Atmosphere, will it be similar to Liquid Grooves/Ethno Techno type percussion? Please elaborate. What would the percussion area cover?

Does this mean that if I bought Atmosphere and later you released more percussion and Pads, that there would be free updates to licensed users of Atmosphere?

Would Atmosphere cover that percussive styles for New Age/ Ethnic styles.

Phew.... Please shed some light its dark in here!

Caveman

Thanks Eric! All that sounds GREAT, but....will we really have to wait until NAMM to hear about the next round of incredible libraries (guitar, orchestral, more drums,...) from Spectrasonics?

Caveman...it\'s percussive synth sounds, not percussion (as in drums, etc).

There are just a lot more varieties of sounds Atmosphere can do now that you can move the sample start....evolving ambiences can easily be turned into percussive attacks, etc.

The beautiful Ambient and Soundtrack stuff is still very well represented....but now it\'s a lot more versatile as a full blown synth....unique leads, FX, and even very powerful techno sounds too. It\'s quite a chameleon now.

I\'ll let you guys know when the demos page goes live.

NEWNEW: Yes...you have to wait. We\'re pretty busy around here catching up with what we\'ve already announced. Only thing I can promise is that we are focusing on only virtual instruments from now on.

(and also that there\'s a lot of great things in the works.....all will be revealed at the right time)

Best,

spectrum

I cant take it no more [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Would love to hear some of those Demos.

Also will you have an introductry pricing or offer for Music Students at all?

Thanks for clarifying that Eric, its lighter in here now.

Caveman

Go Back to forum