• Register
  • Help

Topic: Advice on Bass Library

Share/Bookmark

Advice on Bass Library

Just thought I would get some ideas.

Just bought some new gear at www.soundsonics.net
    Check em out. The guy\'s name is Dave. He gave me some great advice, on my current set up and what soundcard, would work best.

I use to buy from Soundchaser, but have not have any response. So now I buy from these guys.

Anyway, I purchased a Wamirack 192X, and am very happy with it so far. On the Soundsonics site, they have a lot of Giga Libraries, but am not sure which one would be good for Blues/Jazz.

I am particulary looking at the Bass Libraries. Need comments on the Bass libraries suitable for Blues/Jazz.

Also can anyone tell me more about the TC Powercore, as far as Quality of Reverb/Effects, they have a good deal on this card right now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers
    Raven

Re: Advice on Bass Library

Scarbee\'s J-Finger Fender Jazz bass sounds great. It hasn\'t been eq\'d or compressed to sound like any particular tone, so it\'s an excellent starting point for a lot of different material. It\'s also got lots of things like hammer-ons, slides and trills which help make a very real sounding part. He does a full and a \'lite\' version. It\'s the closest sound I\'ve got to the session bass player we get in ocassionally (and he\'s a jazz nut).

Hello Raven,

I concur with Chadwick on the Scarbee fingered Jazz Bass library for an electric bass sample set. Very useful, lots of articulations and pickup combinations.

For acoustic bass, the Larry Seyer Acoustic Upright Bass is just awesome. There are resonant release triggers, harmonics, ghost notes, and up and down slides (both slow and fast in both directions) from every note on the bass. It\'s done from a \"jazz\" pizz approach (no arco samples).

Check \'em both out. I doubt you\'ll be disapointed in either.

Kevin

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by pmuse:
    Hello Raven,

I concur with Chadwick on the Scarbee fingered Jazz Bass library for an electric bass sample set. Very useful, lots of articulations and pickup combinations.

For acoustic bass, the Larry Seyer Acoustic Upright Bass is just awesome. There are resonant release triggers, harmonics, ghost notes, and up and down slides (both slow and fast in both directions) from every note on the bass. It\'s done from a \"jazz\" pizz approach (no arco samples).

Check \'em both out. I doubt you\'ll be disapointed in either.

Kevin
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'d throw the Dan Dean Bass collection in there as well, strictly for the number of classic bass tones you get on one disk. It\'s so reasonably priced, you almost can\'t afford NOT to have it.

I LOVE the Larry Seyer acoustic bass. That sucker makes me grin every time I use it. If Scarbee\'s fingered bass is as detailed as his slap bass, it\'s probably a great choice.

Thanks Guys

Maybe you skipped the other question I had.

Soundsonics has a real good price on the TC Powercore. http://www.soundsonics.net/plug_ins.html

Anyone give me some info or personal experience on this unit. How are the effects, and how much tracks could I get by using these effects.

So far it looks like a great card.

Anyone?

Raven I can\'t answer on the TC card although it is very cool looking. There\'s another post on this site somewhere that was detailing some differences in Waves, TC and the UA card... maybe a couple others... it was interesting. Might help you.

But I CAN totally say the Scarbee J-bass is great. I think it\'s $130 US for the fingered version and same price for Slap. I think there\'s a bundle deal as well. Also my understanding is He\'s working on a Fretless. I agree with what was said earlier... very easy to EQ and work into many different tracks. It fits Jazz but can go way beyond. I\'ve used it for several different styles and have let to be disappointed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'ve also heard good things about D. dean but never used it. Check out the demos and decide for yourself!

Go Back to forum