• Register
  • Help

Topic: A cool bay mist (classical guitar)

Share/Bookmark

A cool bay mist (classical guitar)

I was trying to write a barcarolle for guitar, but it morphed into something else. It still has a 6/8 feel but it kind of took on a life of its own. Anyway, this uses Ilya Efimov guitar. I would appreciate a listen. Jay

www.jesse.us.com/mist.mp3

Re: A cool bay mist (classical guitar)

Hi Jay,

First of all, I like the Efimov guitar a lot. It sounds so natural, so real...

But that's not all. You wrote a very nice 'guitaristic' piece with the feel of a live performance. The plucking techniques (soft, aggressive, sweet, hard) they're all there, just like the rubato playing and the chord vibrato, even the damped attacks. The whole piece breathes like a live recording.

Very well done, absolutely recommendable!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    I was trying to write a barcarolle for guitar, but it morphed into something else. It still has a 6/8 feel but it kind of took on a life of its own. Anyway, this uses Ilya Efimov guitar. I would appreciate a listen. Jay

www.jesse.us.com/mist.mp3
    To me, it has the feel of a real nice waltz, Mister Jay, and well done too.

Fine work! Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

You are amazing. From Gerswin-ish to Bach-Vivaldi flavored beautiful guitar piece..?
    Truly a nice piece, thanks

Ted

Max! Thank you very much for the nice words. I have said before, but the Efimov library is the best out there for nylon string guitar. I try to get a realistic sound with the library.

Larry! Thanks for the listen. The piece does still have waltz or 6/8 feel to it but I lost the barcarolle characteristic along the way. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Ted! I think that you are probably right about this piece having a mix of flavors to it. I thank you for the kind words.

Thanks to you all for taking time to listen and comment. It is much appreciated. Jay

With my face still nicely moistened by the cool bay mist I just walked through, I'm here to applaud you on your very pretty new piece, Jay, rendered nicely on your magical guitar.

Randy

Thanks a bunch for the listen Randy! My wife said that the piece reminded her of mist on a lake so I went with that. It's always good to hear from you. Jay

Thanks for the share Jay! A nice uplifting tune. *Am I playing the guitar too?* woops my fingers are on the keyboard!!! I liked the tune! I like all of your stuff always puts me in a positive mood.

Regards,

Richard

Richard! I am glad this puts you in a positive mood. It relaxes me when I listen to it. Thanks for listening and commenting. Jay.

Go Back to forum