• Register
  • Help

Topic: New song for you guys to listen to

Share/Bookmark

Re: New song for you guys to listen to

Hey Ryan nice \'shred\' playing. This was fun! I like the DFH sound you are getting as well (can you mix up the ride a tad - differing velocities - just to give it more of a live sound). AH, heck most of the drummers I have played with sounded just like this [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Good work.

Rob

Very cool Ryan...!

I was reading the quotes on your website, those are some great credentials you have there. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What libs (other than DFH) did you use for this?

BTW, please check your PMs...

Nice. I have always like that Joe Satriani/Eric Johnson kinda playing. One thing, there was this wierd \"eeeaah\" kind of sound popping up in the mix, sort of a sitar twang sound. What was that? Did you mean to do that? Thanks.

It\'s pretty cool!

The verses sometimes sound just a bit too much like Vai\'s For the Love of God, IMO, what with the sitar arpeggios and vaguely similar chord progression. That, and I\'d like to hear something fattening up the triumphant chorus...the guitar/trumpet unison sounds like it\'s hanging out there in space. Maybe some low brass or strings, or just some power chords to fill it out...?

Just my two cents. It\'s a nice piece of work. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, it was a sitar! I liked the twanginess of it. Your right about the chorus feeling empty. I was going to see how the trumpets fit in after I got them sounding more realistic and then edited some more. The trumpet does have too similar a frequency to the guitar. I\'ll probably fatten it up with strings or lower brass. Thanks for some reassurance of some parts I was thinking about.

New song for you guys to listen to

This song features DFH 1, Hardcore Bass, East West Silver, and 2 soundfonts. Take a listen. (The trumpets will sound more real once I get my keyswitching) Thanks for listening.

Go to:
    http://www.ryanformato.com/experience.html
    Then click \"Eternal Promise\"

I like it, but I think ,adding more Bass/Drum changes will rich the Track, (just my opinion).
    Good Work!.

D.M

Go Back to forum