• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: new e-group devoted to film music orchestration

Share/Bookmark

OT: new e-group devoted to film music orchestration

Since I hang out here a lot, I thought I\'d mention that I\'ve started an e-group at Yahoogroups.com called \"fmo_list\" (Film Music Orchestration list), where we can talk about issues surrounding orchestration. We also have direct access to Steven Scott Smalley (orch. for Batman, Starship Troopers, Mission Impossible, Robocop, etc.), who is willing to answer orchestration questions (sent in bulk) about once a month. I\'m the go-between, as he is unable to participate on a daily basis, but wants to support the group.

I took the FMO seminar from Scott recently and have become inspired to study it further, and decided to create the e-group as an outlet for those of us who are interested in talking \"craft\"! Some really good stuff has already been posted...please do join us if you are interested!

Best,

Tim Clarke
    fmo_list moderator

Re: OT: new e-group devoted to film music orchestration

awesome!

Hey really great idea for a group Tim!

We\'ll link to it from SC.

Ryan.

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Sounds great Tim - can you post a link?

Rob

Tim

>I took the FMO seminar from Scott recently and >have become inspired to study it further, and >decided to create the e-group as an outlet for >those of us who are interested in >talking \"craft\"! Some really good stuff has >already been posted...please do join us if you >are interested!

I\'m already there. What a great idea!! Tim, I get the advertisements about the orchestration course. I\'ve been out of music school for a while now and I\'m just now getting back to writing. Do you thing the Smalley Orchestration course is good for me?

Jonathan

Sorry for the delay--here\'s the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fmo_list/

Some great threads have already been going, and I\'m taking questions now for the first Smalley Q&A session!

-Tim

Yes, I\'d encourage anyone to attend if at all possible. I\'m hoping to go again next year, if I can come up with travel money.

Originally posted by JohnnyP:
    Tim

I\'m already there. What a great idea!! Tim, I get the advertisements about the orchestration course. I\'ve been out of music school for a while now and I\'m just now getting back to writing. Do you thing the Smalley Orchestration course is good for me?

Jonathan
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum