• Register
  • Help

Topic: WARNING! XP service pack 1...

Share/Bookmark

WARNING! XP service pack 1...

Hi everybody,

Please be carefull installing Service Pack 1 for XP. It is known for crashing the system constantly (It\'s true... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ) on some PC\'s.

Also I couldn\'t start outlook without acrash/reboot. I uninstalled SP1 and had to re-install XP as i couldn\'t start after the un-install of SP1.

Now it\'s back to normal...

Re: WARNING! XP service pack 1...

Thanks for the warning. I will not go there.

What should be the Service of this Pack then?

I thought that was just for the following systems:

HP
    Compac

???

Service pack has worked well for me (built up system from Zipr Technologies.)

Rob

The XP Service Pack 1 is working well for me thus far. It solved some midi input problems I was having with Cubase SX.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Scarbee. I got the same darn problem. Did you find a solution for it? Or do we just have to face the obvious threats of virusses and stuff?

Yorus - Chris

Hi Lewis:
    Unfortunately my system - and especially Outlook has been very unstable since I installed the service pack. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I uninstalled it but it didn\'t help much on the stability so I re-installed SP1 again since it didn\'t matter anyway. I guess the only way is to make a clean re-install of everything and I don\'t want to do this right now. My main PC is working OK with the service pack: Cubase SX, Reason Giga.

I hope there will be a fast update since it\'s Microsifts own programs that makes most problems around the world... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dear Scarbee. I got f..... by the same problem. But XP has a wonderfull feature. Just restore your PC to the day BEFORE you made the devasting error of installing the darn thing. So restore - and Outlook will be good again.

Yours - Chris

Ups - I had turned off that feature...
    Damn!

Originally posted by Lewis:
    Dear Scarbee. I got f..... by the same problem. But XP has a wonderfull feature. Just restore your PC to the day BEFORE you made the devasting error of installing the darn thing. So restore - and Outlook will be good again.

Yours - Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    Hi everybody,

Please be carefull installing Service Pack 1 for XP. It is known for crashing the system constantly (It\'s true... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ) on some PC\'s.

Also I couldn\'t start outlook without acrash/reboot. I uninstalled SP1 and had to re-install XP as i couldn\'t start after the un-install of SP1.

Now it\'s back to normal...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">On Sunday I tried 3 times to update to SP1. Twice from CD, once from Windows Update. Right before I did it, I backed up the drive using Symantec\'s Norton Ghost.

After restoring my drive the third time, I gave up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum