• Register
  • Help

Topic: bosendorfer 290 question

Share/Bookmark

bosendorfer 290 question

I have Kontakt 1.5. When trying to decide between the plug-in version of the bosendorfer and the regular Kontakt version, is there any reason why the plug-in version would benefit me more?

On either version I can load the .nkis into Kontakt and they both have the same programs, correct?

Thanks.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: bosendorfer 290 question

As far as I know, there is nothing to be gained in the plugin version if you already have the sampler...just another engine to run. If you are using multiple Kontakt instruments in any given sequence, the sampler version would be the more efficient choice. And of course, the native Kontakt version is open platform and doesn\'t contain CCP...making it convertible to other formats.

And if you buy it direct from Michiel (www.postpiano.com), he gets the whole nut instead of 40% of the nut.

Thanks Bruce. I\'m really having a hard time deciding between the Bosendorfer and the White Grand right now. They both sound great, are the right price, but I can only buy one. ***GRUMBLE*** i wish somebody would just tell me which one to buy ***GRUMBLE***

(somewhat tongue in cheek because its great having enough good versions to actually have a choice)

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

What\'s your predominant end use...what genre, etc? That would be a deciding factor.

Pop, Rock. Worra advertises pretty intensly that the White Grand is the best pop, jazz piano. However, none of the demos are really solo pop or solo jazz demos, so its hard to tell. The Bosendorfer has a lot of great demos in a bunch of genres, plus I have a demo .nki that shipped with a magazine, so I\'ve played with it.

So, I have more info on the Bosendorfer and I like it, but the recommendations on the White Grand (yours included) and the demos that I\'ve heard are hard to ignore. And both of the developers have a good reputation and are responsive here.

(I had this same problem with choosing a house once - I\'ll just have to make a decision [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Originally posted by eegee:
    Pop, Rock. Worra advertises pretty intensly that the White Grand is the best pop, jazz piano. However, none of the demos are really solo pop or solo jazz demos, so its hard to tell. The Bosendorfer has a lot of great demos in a bunch of genres, plus I have a demo .nki that shipped with a magazine, so I\'ve played with it.

So, I have more info on the Bosendorfer and I like it, but the recommendations on the White Grand (yours included) and the demos that I\'ve heard are hard to ignore. And both of the developers have a good reputation and are responsive here.

(I had this same problem with choosing a house once - I\'ll just have to make a decision [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi eegee

Send me a midifile of what you like to hear, and I\'ll render a mp3 using the White Grand!
    You can send the midifile to: per@sampletekk.com

Now that\'s what I call service. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just a followup.

I sent a neutral midi file that I downloaded off the web and sure enough when I woke up this morning I had a .mp3 in my inbox. I was able to compare it to the other piano libs I had and the Bosendorfer demo I had, all playing the same .mid.

The service alone was just about enough to convince me here - but of course the piano sounds reinforced that even further, so the White Grand has my vote. The Bosie is really close sound-wise, but based on my experience of the last 2 days, I\'ll be placing my pre-order for the White Grand later today.

I haven\'t heard the White Grand yet, but I just recently bought the PMI Bosendorfer. Although it is clearly a great piano that has been wonderfully sampled, I find even the dry version to have way too much ambience for most pop-rock applications. It\'s excellent in an orchestral or new-age setting, but it sounds like you\'re looking for something more biting and in-your-face.

Hello,

are there any good user-artfiles for PMI Bösendorfer/Steinway in the internet?

Thank You

Go Back to forum