• Register
  • Help

Topic: celeste

Share/Bookmark

celeste

I am looking for a good celeste/a samples. Possibly with multi velocity layer.Did anyone know about such beautiful instrument?Best regards

Re: celeste

Try XSample, disc 8.

www.xsample.de

Maarten

Xsample seems have only one dinamic level despite it is chromatic.The sound of celeste I think is from henry potters\'theme rich of subtle nuance.
    Regards

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by dkala:
    Xsample seems have only one dinamic level despite it is chromatic.The sound of celeste I think is from henry potters\'theme rich of subtle nuance.
    Regards
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Michiel Post has a celeste on one of his earlier piano libraries. I believe it is one level as well, but it is a nice sample.

One could do a bit of filtering and probably come out quite well. Have you ever played a celeste? They don\'t really have that much expressive range, just a bit of dynamic range. It\'s plausible that a well-recorded one-layer sample would represent it well.

I also like the celeste from Prosonus, but it\'s not such a good deal unless you\'d also have use for the other sounds in the lib. The celeste has a good bit of hall ambience, and the mechanical \"noise\" speaks just enough to add some character without being obtrusive.

I used it recently in a fairly exposed fashion - URL for the mp3 is on another thread.

--Eric

Bruce,I have heard the biggas giggas celeste and found it very good .But there is some demo for xsample celeste ?
    Max

Sorry the demo is in xsample url.I am another idiot! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum