• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Non-GS Related NAMM Chat

Share/Bookmark

Non-GS Related NAMM Chat

The GS3 thread will be up till April!!! Breaking all internet forum records!!!!!!!!!

BUT - other cool news!!!

CHEERS

Apple/eMagic -- Apple is basically giving away all its plugins!!! (sorta) All VSTi\'s and effects (including Space Designer and new AMP SYM and 2 new soft synths) are bundle into Logic Pro. There is only Logic Pro and Express (hence: Final Cut Pro/Express). The upgrade is only $199 for all Platinum and GOLD (even) 6 users! Glad they throw us a bone before LAP 7 \'Cocoa\' ;-)

Line6 Variax acoustic -- their electric Variax is amazing, cant wait to try this one out!!!

JEERS

Stylus Upgrade - I LOVE stylus, use it almost everyday. But i was hoping for at least! a soundset companion to the currrent version. Or at least SOME addons before a new version. Wonder if this will the the norm with standalone sampler/plugins :-/ i sure hope not!! Is it safe to coin a new term for this \"Disposable-Ware\" ??

Mackie - They waste their downsized dev team on the silly analog/firewire mixer -- weird! And still NO C4 Extender for Mackie Control. Grrrrrr.
    And the new Oxford-Wannabe digital mixer. *sigh*

MIXED EMOTIONS

Tascam/Gigastudio - Yes, ok, finally - its here already. But let us look at this from a broad perspective. It has been HOW MANY years since a logical upgrade ? Come on!! Can they now take follow in how graphics programs operate their updates ? ... they KEEP THEIR PRODUCTS fresh, or at least, create an illusion of doing so. AND the people always upgrade and are happy. Period. Photoshop v26 and customers will still nod and say \"Ok, Mr Adobe\". Then you have Apple/eMagic, a software plaform under a HUGE change, sure they are developing a NEW Logic as we speak, but to quiet the angry masses, they throw us a bone, and ya know what, it shuts us up. Tascam should have done the same over a year ago!! It\'s just sad, sure it has some nice features ... but, what \'innovations\' does it have? Any? Hmmmmm

**Talk amongst yourselves**

Re: Non-GS Related NAMM Chat

Agreed. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Considering that Emagic Space Designer lists at $459, $199 for Emagic Pro is $260 savings - which is pretty incredible actually.

Its a GREAT DEAL! Unprecidented!!

Shall We do the math ?

Space Designer :

ES1 = $80
    ES2 = $199
    EVB3 = $150
    EVD6 = $140
    EVOC20 = $140
    EPV88 = $150
    EXS24 = $299
    S. Designer = $450
    ______________________-
    Total = $1608

ALSO 5 NEW Instruments ES M, ES P, ES E, Sculpture, and UltraBeat
    and not to forget Guitar Amp Symulation !!!

and all this for a $200 upgrade (from Platinum) !!!!!!!

No other music software company has stepped up like this!!!!! Come on Tascam! Step up!!!!!

Steve Jobbs rocks!!!!! he can take my money!!!!! Because, he provides stable, lovable products that enrich my career and keep me focused on making music, not chasing my technological tail!!!!

OMG!

How can they do that? One word: Apple

They want to create such a great deal that it would be crazy not to take it (and lets not forget, buy all their G5s too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

so... I\'ll ask again... any possibility of porting EWQLSO onto EXS? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Apple\'s two years behind. They have to give it away just to catch up.

But you have to use Logic, a closed proprietary system.

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL!

Behind in what ??? Please clarify.

Also forgot the future integration of Apple Loops (ala Soundtrack) that work similar to REX files, and will integrate into the DAW as Acid Loops do with Sonar.

Now please, tell me what is \'behind\'

Originally posted by Lazul:
    But you have to use Logic, a closed proprietary system.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Use it to take advantage of its Native plugins ?? --- well Yeaaaah ..... but as for it being a proprietary sytem, that\'s an over statement. If that were the case, it would only support Emagic hardware. As the REAL proprietary systems ProTools/Fairlight/Sony/Paris(R.I.P) .....

the miss information about Logic is funny. It is simply some mystique to PC guys.

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">He may be referring to Giga direct-from-disk streaming technology that was conquered by HALion, then Kontakt and EXS. All the while Giga was being used in Hollywood while Apple sat on the sidelines.

Don\'t worry SWL, I\'m a diehard Apple fan and own a G5 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum