• Register
  • Help

Topic: Salvation (Full Presentation)

Share/Bookmark

Post Salvation (Full Presentation)

Salvation:

https://soundcloud.com/savetara/salvation

*Images in the video reflect upon the Holocaust (nothing gory) and some viewers may find them disturbing.

This is the full presentation of the main composition from the first album (Salvation) to my new series, "Love and War." It is separated into two parts: The opening sequence (which some may have heard from the old dramatic war theme I composed a while back). I remade it using the Appassionata strings I used Shevannai as the soloist. The war SFX were kept in the entire piece because I felt it was best for this particular composition's opening sequence. The opening sequence deeply reflects on the Holocaust and the other tragedies of WWII. The second part is the main theme to the soundtrack (Salvation), the fight... for our salvation... for the love and happiness we all deserve.

The Front Line (DEMO):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9Y2CydjN0

https://soundcloud.com/savetara/the-front-line-demo

I also included a demo of another composition (The Front Line) I am working on for this album. It is a heroic but sad piece. It reflects back upon WWII and the soldiers... the hope they carried with them while going into battle, but at the same time watching their friends fall in battle. The hope of returning to their loved one giving the courage...

A Little Description About the Project (As I Wrote on My Site):

War... it always comes with casualties. In this broken and torn world of corruption and hatred, there is always some means of war. From the beginning of time there has always been struggle and despair, for the world has always been an open battleground of war. We all desire peace, happiness, and love... Whether it is the horrors and tragedies of WWII, a long fight with depression, all the hatred in today's society, or even losing the one you love to a tragedy it is all a struggling dramatic war in some form or another. Sometimes it’s just difficult to see that peace, happiness, or love when it’s hidden behind a massive wall of darkness and despair. Love and War - Volume 1: Salvation, the first album in the series composed by Richard John S, focuses on the past and present sorrows and struggles of the world. It portrays the endless battles we all have to fight through to get to the salvation and love we all deserve…

Instrument Libraries Used in Salvation:
    - Garritan Instant Orchestra
    - Vienna Appassionata Strings (Legato and Portamento Patches)
    - Vienna Soprano Choir
    -
    Micro Olympus Choir (Soundiron)
    -
    Shevannai, the Voice of Elves (Best Service)
    - Drumcorps (Soundiron)
    - M1 Garand Rifle (Soundiron)
    - War SFX (Online Generator)

Instrument Libraries Used in The Front Line:
    - Vienna Appassionata String (Legato and Portamento Patches)
    - Vienna Epic Horns (Legato Patch)
    - Vienna Soprano Choir
    - Big Bang (Sonivox)
    -
    Micro Olympus Choir (Soundiron)
    - War SFX (Online Generator)

*Big Bang I just purchased over the weekend on a special sale! So I finally got some real explosive percussion now.
    *Epic Horns came free as special when I purchased Volume 3 Strings (The
    Appassionata Strings/Chamber Strings/Solo Strings)

Regards,

Richard

Re: Salvation (Full Presentation)

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post

A Little Description About the Project (As I Wrote on My Site):

War... it always comes with casualties. In this broken and torn world of corruption and hatred, there is always some means of war. From the beginning of time there has always been struggle and despair, for the world has always been an open battleground of war. We all desire peace, happiness, and love... Whether it is the horrors and tragedies of WWII, a long fight with depression, all the hatred in today's society, or even losing the one you love to a tragedy it is all a struggling dramatic war in some form or another. Sometimes it’s just difficult to see that peace, happiness, or love when it’s hidden behind a massive wall of darkness and despair. Love and War - Volume 1: Salvation, the first album in the series composed by Richard John S, focuses on the past and present sorrows and struggles of the world. It portrays the endless battles we all have to fight through to get to the salvation and love we all deserve…
    Loved your presentation and demos, Richard. As usual, the music and the videos are tasteful and done with love and care. Video a bit on the "hard" side this time, you are right in pointing it out, but it matches the project, so....
    .. AND, I particularly liked your text that I quote above.

Really good stuff, pal!

Fab

Richard, could you possibly post some MP3s of these also? I still can't play videos online, after trying many things. I'm so busy, I don't want to stop, download etc.

Randy

@Fab
    Thanks for listening to compositions. The images are a little hard... although they are only statues they still paint that picture. Glad you enjoyed the listen!

@Randy
    Sorry Randy, I keep forgetting about that issue! I have posted the soundcloud links as well. Hopefully you get a chance to watch the Salvation video when you have more time.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks for posting the MP3s, Richard - I did manage to see some of the video with the grotesque images for awhile before my interface freaked out again.

The slow, meditative quality of both of these give me the impression of two slightly different movements from the same piece, and they have the somber quality of a sad, reverent requiem. As before, I'd prefer less reliance on sound effects, wishing the point and mood you want to convey could be done more with the music rather than constant noise. But they're effective soundtracks, Richard.

Randy

Hi Richard,

Again, this is quite impressive, the music, your comment, the effects, the images. A hard, but alas sad reality. The sadness of those simple chords truly reflects the fear, anxiety and despair of all these young main, slaughtered for the sake of a country's glory and for the blind ambition of one lunatic. You may remember that I wrote a concert overture on the same theme a couple of years ago. My composition deals with the end of WW I, a very confusion period filled with sorrow, sadness, grief, anger, despair and hope for a better future, which was to be smashed to pieces a couple of decades later...

Maybe I could refer to it once more, now that the Remembrances start in 2014. Here's the link:

Thanks for sharing the remembrance in such catching musical and visual phrases,

Max

@Randy
    Thanks for the listen Randy. I know... how you feel about the SFX, and I agree in most cases, but after listening to it several times with part sfx and full sfx, I just felt that having the sfx playing through the entire first half really added that extra impact to me "personally." Again though, it was personal choice that I made based on how I felt. More of a personal preference and experience I guess.

@Max
    Thank you so much for sharing your composition. I don't think I listened to it back a couple years ago, I really enjoyed listening to this and respect the composition a lot. The World Wars were such a devastating time, especially WWII. I have been learning about the WWII and the Holocaust since as early as grade 4. They showed us films such as Schindler's List, The Diary of Anne Frank, and more.

I have also spent a lot of my own time outside of school learning about it through documentaries and films. War and Remembrance was a great series to reflect upon this (it used some fictional characters to portray the events). I have also learned much through my Grandparents who were in the War.

On my mother's side it was the Hungarians, and my step father's (raised me most of my life) side the Germans. Both escaped to Canada. WWII was just terrible, the events that took place... was just horrible. It is the worst war in humanity. I could just imagine how terrifying it must have been to land on Omaha Beach on D-Day. I don't think this world will exist anymore if there is WWIII.

Regards,

Richard

Go Back to forum