• Register
  • Help

Topic: 1st attempt with new VST

Share/Bookmark

1st attempt with new VST

Decided to get the Shevannai VST couple of days ago. Probably will take sometime getting to know it. Anyhow, I'm starting simple pieces to get to know the sounds, here's my 1st attempt - btw this did take several hours to do. Used the GPO Solo Cello 2 with this.

https://soundcloud.com/peter-magic-fingers/shevannai

Re: 1st attempt with new VST

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Moore View Post
    Decided to get the Shevannai VST couple of days ago. Probably will take sometime getting to know it. Anyhow, I'm starting simple pieces to get to know the sounds, here's my 1st attempt - btw this did take several hours to do. Used the GPO Solo Cello 2 with this...
    That's somberly pretty, Peter - and it has an effective sound. I didn't know what Shevannai is, so I looked it up. "Voices of Elves"-- I believe this is one of the Libraries Forum member Richard "Sururick" is also using.

Could you tell us more about the Library? I hear the vocal phrases, but besides the GPO cello you used, it sounds like there's a tremolo organ of some sort in the recording. Is that also from Shevannai-?

Randy

Sounding good Peter! It will take some time and practice to get the full grasp of Shevannai, I am still learning myself, but it gets pretty darn good, best soloist library I have heard. I also love the CELLO in this Cello 2 is my favorite cello from all of my libraries. Looking forward hearing more of your work especially with Shevannai library.

Good job,

Richard

Hi Randy

The Shevannai is basically grouped into 3 categories :

The Voice; Legato, Staccato and Inhale patches

Phrases; Melodic, Spoken, Whispered and Short Whispered

Soundscapes, 20 different soundsets with each having up to 4 layers that can be manipulated individually - the tremolo organ sound you refer to is in here.

There is a very useful video on youtube that explains quite a bit, I would certainly check it out for more in-depth look into it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4zq9VFVo0s

Sounds great. Atmospheric and beautiful. I didn't realize the library had such effective choir sounds as well. OK, it's now officially on my wish list! You posted a fine demonstration of its capabilities, and an enjoyable listen to boot.

Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

I'm not familiar with Shevannai -- but the piece itself is beautifully done, deeply moving, entirely regardless of the tooling.

Wonderful job on this, Peter... a pleasure.

Best,

David
    ====
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I'm very much impressed with the exotic voices and the whole ambience. It's taking me in a dreamy scenery high above the clouds, I don't know why. Good rendering.

Max

Go Back to forum