• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: ARIA Player - - One instance, Two Channels and CC values

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    ARIA Player - - One instance, Two Channels and CC values

    Gentlemen,
    what can I expect sending different values for the same CC (eg. Modulation) on two discrete MIDI channels of the same ARIA instance?
    Thank you.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

  2. #2

    Re: ARIA Player - - One instance, Two Channels and CC values

    Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Gentlemen,
    what can I expect sending different values for the same CC (eg. Modulation) on two discrete MIDI channels of the same ARIA instance?
    Thank you.
    Fabio, you should expect that to work perfectly well. You can have 16 different instruments loaded in 1 instance of ARIA, each on its own MIDI channel, and each instrument can be responding to the CC data separately. They may all have their volume being controlled by CC1, but since there are 16 different data streams - there's no conflict. Each MIDI Channel is completely separate from the others. This is the only way to get full, detailed MIDI recordings!

    Randy

  3. #3

    Re: ARIA Player - - One instance, Two Channels and CC values

    Thank you Randy.
    I see there is a bug into the notation program I'm testing.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

  4. #4

    Re: ARIA Player - - One instance, Two Channels and CC values

    Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Thank you Randy.
    I see there is a bug into the notation program I'm testing.
    Well, if the data for the two different instruments is conflicting, that would indicate they're on the same MIDI channel. Check in the ARIA instance and see. Of course, part of the job a notation program is supposed to do, is automatically assign different instruments to different channels.

    Randy

  5. #5

    Re: ARIA Player - - One instance, Two Channels and CC values

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Of course, part of the job a notation program is supposed to do, is automatically assign different instruments to different channels.
    It is what they are asserting, but in the real world things goes differently.
    And, yes, I loaded two instruments on two different MIDI channels.
    Once I checked out that Aria handles data the right way, I will submit a bug report to the developers. Hope they will fix it in the next release.
    Thank you again, Randy.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

  6. #6

    Re: ARIA Player - - One instance, Two Channels and CC values

    Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    It is what they are asserting, but in the real world things goes differently.
    And, yes, I loaded two instruments on two different MIDI channels.
    Once I checked out that Aria handles data the right way, I will submit a bug report to the developers. Hope they will fix it in the next release.
    Thank you again, Randy.
    You know, I've heard of some programs, well at least one--which one?--DAW program I think, that is unable to handle multi-timbral synths! Whatever program that was, users are forced to have a different instance of ARIA for each instrument, because CCs control the instance globally! Hopefully that's not what the programmers have done with the notation program you're testing.

    Randy

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •