• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Free Giga Drum Kit thanks to NaturalStudio

Share/Bookmark

Free Giga Drum Kit thanks to NaturalStudio

Just found this at the Tascam site:

hello,

thought you might be interested to know that the new ns_kitv6 has just been uploaded and is just sitting there waiting to be downloaded.

you can now get the new (119MB) ns_kitv6 acoustic drumkit for free. It\'s the first time a NaturalStudio sampled instrument has been released in native GigaStudio format so don\'t miss out!

check out http://www.nskit.com for more info and to start downloading.

oh, and by the way, there is no catch.

as always feedback is much appreciated.

Douglas Whates (NaturalStudio)

Thanks Douglas!!!

Re: Free Giga Drum Kit thanks to NaturalStudio

Great initiative!

Anyone who knows if this library can be used in commercial music without permission? The statements on the site suggest that the license is only for non-profit applications.

Peter

Well, downloaded and tested.
    Amazing it\'s free.

:::>THANX

This is amazing! Jezzzz! Great! Just like G-Town - but for drums! Man! What a day! Its rainy here - but the sun is up in my head!

Love - Chris

sounds cool !!
    great .
    thanks

hello,

douglas here from naturalstudio...

glad you all seem to like the kit - spread the word.

someone mentioned the commercial thing. well, as you suggested, it is intended for non-profit making music. i\'m dealing with commercial requests on a case by case basis. basically, if you\'re motive is genuine, then it should be okay. one of the main reasons for releasing this font for free is to try and stop the extortion that seems to go on in all corners of the music industry. but anyway, i\'m being boring now.

one last point about that though - i\'m not going to say - \"ooh, you want to use it in a commercial production eh? well, you must pay me $600, or something like that.\" anyway...

glad you like the kit. it\'s taken a while. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

as i said, spread the word as that\'s the only way people will find out about this thing - i can\'t afford to pay marketing staff [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yours,

Douglas. (naturalstudio)

Shoot me eh? Well that\'s worse than I\'d hoped. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Its not for a record company, its for a game soundtrack. Actually I think I\'ll email you.

That\'s a lot of websites you have there. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And you\'re in Scotland which is not far from me in sunny England. That is, if you wanted to hunt me down and shoot me you wouldn\'t have to come far...

I\'m downloading the files as I\'m writing this.
    So let me take this opportunity to say thanks
    in advance. I\'ll try it at the first opportunity.

Cheers,
    Jens

Hi Douglas,

So it sounds like you are treating this kind of like shareware. Interesting idea. I would be curios to see how it works out.

Hmm - interesting that you say shareware - I never really thought of it as that. however, that makes it sound like its okay to just upload it and let people download it from a third party site and that is not the case (i got into all of this with version 5 - nightmare). i want, if only for customer service, for it to be available from one source. that way i know downloaders are getting all the info they need etc.

also - shareware can have a pretty bad wrap, and often pays for the fact it\'s free by placing banners on their site etc. I HATE banners and all that kind back-door money making - which is why NaturalStudio and nskit (and all my websites) are completely advert free. but that\'s a whole other thing.

Douglas.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast