• Register
  • Help

Topic: Laptop: Audio lags every 60 seconds???

Share/Bookmark

Laptop: Audio lags every 60 seconds???

Howdy all...im trying to get my friend\'s Toshiba laptop setup for some general midi stuff...ive encountered an incredibly bizarre phenomenon that I am hoping someone out there can help with...every 60 seconds...there are severe lags in the performance of the computer...for example...we\'ll be running Cubase SX....and every 60 seconds (on the dot)...we will get severe glitches in the playback...what gives??

He\'s using a Toshiba laptop, 2.4 Ghz Processor, 440 Megs of Ram, Audiophile USB audio interface.

There is no latency when recording or on playback except for every 60 seconds when there are lags for about 10 seconds.

Can anyone help???

JPS

Re: Laptop: Audio lags every 60 seconds???

by the way....i posted this in the hardware section with no response....and Im in need of serious help! Sorry for the off topic post...

Thanks
    JPS

Hi JP,

Sorry about your sound card problems. Try Power Meter properties and see if there are any settings activating at 60 seconds. ALso check if any other features are set to activate at 60 secs such as screen savers, hibernate mode etc. Try re-installing sound card drivers and disabling ACPI support and APM in BIOS.

I could be wrong with this but doesn\'t the mobile P4\'s have a variable speed feature to minimize battery usage...perhaps that can be turned off via software of BIOS setup.

Errr...I double posted [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Thanks for the suggestions...i\'ll try it out in a bit...let you know how it goes

jps

Go Back to forum