• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Anyone know a store in Canada where I could buy Logic?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Anyone know a store in Canada where I could buy Logic?

Specifically, Logic 6 Platinum for Mac OS X, educational edition. The subject heading says it all. I tried buying at a local retailer in Ottawa and they were out of stock. A \"Canadian Zzounds.com\" would certainly come in handy, especially if the price is competitive...Thanks for any help -
    robjohn

Re: OT: Anyone know a store in Canada where I could buy Logic?

Your member info says you\'re from NYC but if you\'re now in Canada try Long and McQuade or Kelly\'s Music and Computers.

Stevesmusic.com has pretty competitive prices as well..Rich

Generally software is cheaper in the States (even after factoring in shipping and duty).

I dont think Steve`s sells sample CD`s. They will sell Logic though. Save by Tech. is the most annoying Music store in T.O. i have to say. There complete mac snobs and and there prices reflect that sort of elitism. Unfortunatley there one of the only dist. of sample CD`s left in T.O., so somtimes your sort of forced into dealing with them. Some of the staff there are nice...Rich

If you live in Canada and want to save some money when ordering that kind of stuff, just order from another province than the one you live in. That way you save the PST and only have to pay one tax.

Wow! Lot\'s of Canucks here. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, Saved By is really good. Their prices are generally the lowest in Canada beating both L&M and Steves from what I\'ve seen. They have a pricing database on their site.

Well this IS a Canuck site after all!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Having just built and furnished a studio with lots of hard and software and after MUCH comparative shopping in T.O. i can tell u that SBT has the highest prices in town BECAUSE there a smaller shop(therefore carrying less stock). One thing they are better on is sample CD`s. Ordering from them will save u the Shipping and some tax BUT they take FOREVER to get stuff in and are generally totally unorganized. If u need a CD tight away for a Job and the they have to Order it in for u,get ready for a long haul. I learned that lesson the hard way,believe me..L&M have the most middle of the road prices(but will do competitive pricing if another store has a lower price...). Steves Music ,because they buy in such huge volume, is sort of a discount store and therefore have the cheapest prices right off the shelf. I hate shopping there though cause its like a zoo for wanky teens banging out lame Sum41 ditties!
    Ooohhh Canada.. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rich

Go Back to forum