• Register
  • Help

Topic: Let's get American Musical Supply to sell sample libraries...

Share/Bookmark

Let\'s get American Musical Supply to sell sample libraries...

I don\'t know about most of you but I rarely come across large amounts of $$ to put down on high dollar sample libraries. The same with buying music hardware. I have enjoyed shopping at www.americanmusical.com because they have an awesome installment plan where you can split your purchase into 5 interest free payments up to $3000...

I can afford maybe $400-500 a month and I get the goodies right then...the down side though is that american musical supply doesn\'t sell sample libraries!! I would be interested in finding out how to pursue getting AMS to become a EWQL reseller or VSL reseller or for that matter any sample library reseller. I could buy Platinum then with only paying $600 up front!

I know musiciansfriend.com is a reseller of many sample libraries. So why not AMS?

Any ideas?

Re: Let\'s get American Musical Supply to sell sample libraries...

This kind of payment is very common here in Brazil and it always help a lot to purchase things that we can not afford!!!

I guess I should move to Brazil. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hi Edward,

The other thing that you can do (and it takes some self-discipline) is to set up a separate account that you put the money into. If you can afford 400-500/month, then put that amount into the account as if you\'re paying an installment plan. When you have the money saved up in the account, pull the trigger to buy them goodies.

It\'s just not as gratifying as getting the toys today and paying it off over time. It is a better feeling though, knowing that you don\'t have to make a bunch of payments until you really own it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

FV

Originally posted by FV:

It\'s just not as gratifying as getting the toys today and paying it off over time. It is a better feeling though, knowing that you don\'t have to make a bunch of payments until you really own it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

FV
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ahhh, I didn\'t think of that...actually saving my money? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] lol...

I\'ve bought nearly every piece of gear I own from AMS and have always used the payment plan...It just works better for me knowing I am committed to paying off the purchase...plus, it\'s SUPER cool to get the toys right away.

What I\'d like to see is those sites like letsbuyit.com where if there are lots of people wanting to buy a product its cheaper. ... not sure how the licence issue would work there.

Ed

I notice that they do sell several VSTI\'s, like Steinberg\'s The Grand. Few others, though.

And they sell Giga, which can be bought with their 3 month payment plan option. Interesting--I wonder if they\'ll offer Giga 3 or an upgrade path.

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    I notice that they do sell several VSTI\'s, like Steinberg\'s The Grand. Few others, though.

And they sell Giga, which can be bought with their 3 month payment plan option. Interesting--I wonder if they\'ll offer Giga 3 or an upgrade path.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">They sell Giga but no samples for it! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

American Musical Supply\'s payment options are awesome.

If they sold sample libraries...Wow. I can\'t express how happy I would be.

I don\'t know how an online music store comes to distribute samples--if they approach the developers or the developers approach them. In any case, it could do no harm for people to write to them to ask if they are considering specific sample sets. That they do carry the VSTI\'s may mean that they want to feel fairly confident that an item will sell well before they offer it.

Since they do sell Giga, it seems logical that they\'d be willing to stock the samples too. On the other hand, developers may require a minimum number of wholesale orders from sellers. If enough people wrote this company, they might have a level of confidence in sales that would encourage them to purchase the libraries--I can understand if they now hesitate--it would be a big risk to order ten copies of one of the big libraries and then have them sit on the shelves.

Go Back to forum