• Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Finale 2014 released

Share/Bookmark
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: Finale 2014 released

I just downloaded the demo. Thought I'd see how much better it is over the 2012 version. Not sure it's worth the $139 upgrade. I am disappointed it still will not support 64-bit. We've been begging for that for years! But I don't want to judge it until I've time to "play" with it for a while! Cheers!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Thumbs down Re: Finale 2014 released

such bad music demos! Gosh, the wonderful Human playback engine should deserve some better treatment... If I didn't know how good it is, just listening to the demos I wouldn't understand, nor buy it.

I will download the demo to look if the engine is really better now.

I received my copy today (as an upgrade) along with the Trail Blazer book. I'm finding it rather enjoyable.

I've been following the release with interest too. I'm presently on finale 2012 and still deciding on the 2014 upgrade.

From the comments, the MIDI export bug hasn't been fixed (where all instruments are named ARIA but the MAC version works). Also, I'm not taken with them removing file shortcut icons and the ability to customise toolbars!

However, I really like the new layers and smartshapes features.

I expect I'll end up forking out my hard-earned pennies.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    ...I am disappointed it still will not support 64-bit...
    Shocking for a $600 program released in 2014 to still not support 64 bit which has been around for many years now. Reprehensible actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    such bad music demos!...
    You made me curious, Fabio - but I looked and looked around at the MM site and couldn't find any demos. Where are they?

Randy

Cool Re: Finale 2014 released

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post

You made me curious, Fabio - but I looked and looked around at the MM site and couldn't find any demos. Where are they?

Randy
    here you are:
    http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/whats-new/

press "More world-class Garritan sounds" to access the demos.

enjoy

FV

Randy, try this link, also.

https://soundcloud.com/makemusicinc/...e-new-garritan

I think they are not as good as they could be. I suspect they represent what you will get if you just click "Play" in a notated score.

Norman

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Shocking for a $600 program released in 2014 to still not support 64 bit which has been around for many years now. Reprehensible actually.

Randy

The mixer is supposed to be new. Has anyone evaluated it? .

Also, If you install a Garritan Library, all of the instruments are supposed to immediately appear in Finale's set up wizard. Has anyone tried this and will extensive work with dynamics levels still be needed?

Norman

Norman and Fabio - Thanks for the links to the demos. I can see why they hid those pages- Unbelievably mediocre demos. The balances are way off in all of them, dynamics are practically nil, and it sounds like Human Playback wasn't on. These are probably average sounding renderings, but good heavens, a company needs to show off its product in the very best light. These make Finale seem like a toy program when it comes to sound. Mystifying.

Randy

Go Back to forum