• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New BoB demo and upcoming tweeks

Share/Bookmark

New BoB demo and upcoming tweeks

The following composition was written by Stefan Kristinsson and arranged using \"BoB - Bigga Orchestral Brass\" from Bigga Giggas.

Stefan, who lives in Iceland, writes music that I enjoy listening to very much, he\'s really born in the wrong century!
    The Timpanies are the free SAM timpanies, and I\'ve added a bit of reverb.

This demo also features some BoB modifications that I\'m currently working on that will soon be up for download as art-files from our homepage.
    Here\'s the demo: BoB Demo.

Re: New BoB demo and upcoming tweeks

I\'ve updatet the demo with a bit less reverb and also raised the velocity on the horns so that they sound a bit more distinct, same link as above.

Don\'t ge me wrong, I think it\'s a good composition - just too many notes for my personal taste!

Nice work on the arrangement; all those different articulations! The tuba could \'breathe\' a bit more for me (I mean that in terms of pauses in the playing, not in terms of timbre).

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Don\'t ge me wrong, I think it\'s a good composition - just too many notes for my personal taste!

Nice work on the arrangement; all those different articulations! The tuba could \'breathe\' a bit more for me (I mean that in terms of pauses in the playing, not in terms of timbre).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Ned.

No offence taken! I agree that this probably would be hard to play for a real musician, probably need a good pair of lungs!

A gorgeous piece- kudos to the composer. I used an online translator to translate the title
    \"Allein Gott In Der Hoh Sei Ehr\" and got back
    \"God Alone In That Let Honor Be High\".

Must have lost something in the translation!
    Anyway, I have played it about a dozen times and it just gets better. And the library ain\'t bad, either.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Carl

Originally posted by carlmsmith:
    A gorgeous piece- kudos to the composer. I used an online translator to translate the title
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">He, he... interesting title in English, sounds like an old Doors-song! Anyway, that\'s the way Stefan named it, in German. I agree about the composer, he\'s really great and it\'s kind of funny to hear someone compose today the way they did 3-400 years ago!

And the library ain\'t bad, either.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Carl
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hm. Interesting [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think this would be something like \"Only god in heaven should be honored\" Actually this is a term used in church from the middle ages... So... Nothing really new [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nice work btw - from both... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hope this helps!

Hansi

So many notes!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dude... c\'monnn... you can\'t be serious about that comment. I about fell out of my chair laughing so hard at that comment. TOO MANY NOTES??? BLAHAHAH!!! I was reminded exactly about that line in the Amadeus movie. (If you haven\'t seen it, you need to watch it and hear that comment for yourself) [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

So many notes! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Trumpet is nice, but I\'m not at all conviced by the fast legato passages on horn.

So many notes! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wasn\'t that something Salieri said to Wolfgang in the \"Amadeus\" movie.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Trumpet is nice, but I\'m not at all conviced by the fast legato passages on horn.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Could be that the reverb messes it up a bit, I\'ll make another version with a bit less reverb

Go Back to forum