• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: MORPHOLOGY released!

Share/Bookmark

MORPHOLOGY released!

We just announced the release of our MORPHOLOGY Virtual Sound Module.

Detailed info has been posted in the Zero-G forum, HERE

Re: MORPHOLOGY released!

Interesting! And the price is interesting too. Are there multi sampled patches (for strings, pads, solo) too? Or is every patch (instrument) one sample (phrase) spreaded across the keyboard?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Found it!

Features:
    - Over 3 Gigabytes of new evolving and morphing soundscapes, dream synths & samples by IAN BODDY, one of Europe\'s leading synthesists,
    - Virtual Synth section includes lovingly multi-sampled / multi waveform analogue synth. In conjunction with the flexibilty of the Kompakt interface this provides the user with a huge potential to customise their own sounds,...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What\'s the difference between Morphology and Spectrasonic\'s Atmosphere?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Yes I would like to know the differences

The Morphology page on the Zero-G website has just been extensively updated with additional information, including detailed programming notes and a downloadable patch list (PDF).

Hopefully this will answer many of your questions. However, I have also invited Ian Boddy to post a reply about the differences between the Morphology and Atmosphere! sound libraries, as I agree that this will help further.

As regards the \"Kompakt Instrument\" software interface which powers Morphology (which is the same as the interface on the East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra), well it clearly compares VERY favorably to the UVI interface on Atmosphere.

As promised, here\'s Ian Boddy\'s (the Morphology producer\'s) opinion on the differences between Morphology and Spectrasonics\' Atmosphere:

\"Hello, this is Ian Boddy, the programmer for Morphology. Let me try to clarify the differences between Morphology & Atmosphere. Well basically Atmosphere is more keyboard based with lots & lots of really nice samples of analogue vintage keyboards - especially from the Roland family tree whereas Morphology has many more \"ready made\" atmospheres and sound effects beds. Of course Atmosphere does have more abstract material but by and large I think you would use this for quick & easy access to a whole host of nice synth pad sounds - that\'s certainly the way I use it.

That\'s not to say that Morphology doesn\'t have any keyboard pad sounds - it has plenty - but I\'ve taken a slightly different approach. One of the things I love best about true analogue sounds are their imperfections - something that a lot of digital recreations just don\'t get. So I painstakingly multi-sampled every waveform from a Minimoog, every minor third for 12 seconds @ 24 bit. These multisamples are then presented as a virtual synth which the end user can program using the excellent Kompakt interface which I find is far more flexible in terms of it\'s synthesis abilities than the one in Atmosphere. I\'ve also programmed up a whole host of pad & synth sounds as well which just show how much variation can be had from the NI Kompakt interface.

Furthermore Morphology has a very large selection of morphing atmospheres - from the wondrously beautiful to dark & scary as well as a host of purely abstract synth FX. These sounds lend themselves really well to \"atmospheric\" styles of music especially as many of them are over a minute in length so they seem to be constantly changing over time.

I hope this helps to clarify the differences between what are really two excellent products at the leading edge of sampling technology.\"

Ian Boddy! I knew that name rang a bell! I\'m holding in my hands the ambient (ambient/atmospheric/soundtrack) sample CDs Volume 1&2 which I used quite extensively on a futuristic CD I once did.

------------
    Alex Cremers

As promised, here\'s Ian Boddy\'s (the Morphology producer\'s) opinion on the differences between Morphology and Spectrasonics\' Atmosphere:

\"Hello, this is Ian Boddy, the programmer for Morphology. Let me try to clarify the differences between Morphology & Atmosphere. Well basically Atmosphere is more keyboard based with lots & lots of really nice samples of analogue vintage keyboards - especially from the Roland family tree whereas Morphology has many more \"ready made\" atmospheres and sound effects beds. Of course Atmosphere does have more abstract material but by and large I think you would use this for quick & easy access to a whole host of nice synth pad sounds - that\'s certainly the way I use it.

That\'s not to say that Morphology doesn\'t have any keyboard pad sounds - it has plenty - but I\'ve taken a slightly different approach. One of the things I love best about true analogue sounds are their imperfections - something that a lot of digital recreations just don\'t get. So I painstakingly multi-sampled every waveform from a Minimoog, every minor third for 12 seconds @ 24 bit. These multisamples are then presented as a virtual synth which the end user can program using the excellent Kompakt interface which I find is far more flexible in terms of it\'s synthesis abilities than the one in Atmosphere. I\'ve also programmed up a whole host of pad & synth sounds as well which just show how much variation can be had from the NI Kompakt interface.

Furthermore Morphology has a very large selection of morphing atmospheres - from the wondrously beautiful to dark & scary as well as a host of purely abstract synth FX. These sounds lend themselves really well to \"atmospheric\" styles of music especially as many of them are over a minute in length so they seem to be constantly changing over time.

I hope this helps to clarify the differences between what are really two excellent products at the leading edge of sampling technology.\"

Does MORPHOLOGY work with OS-X? Can one use Kompakt\'s disk streaming with MORPHOLOGY? Thanks!

Does MORPHOLOGY work with OS-X? Can one use Kompakt\'s disk streaming? Thanks!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The Morphology OSX update should be available for download from the NI website by the end of this month. And yes, if you have the Kompakt DFD extension installed (already available from the NI site), then streaming is enabled.

Go Back to forum