• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: GS3 Rumor Mill

Share/Bookmark

GS3 Rumor Mill

Well, since the buzz (Winter NAMM)is approaching and the tight lips at Apple/Emagic are starting to slip. I was curious as to what this thread could drum-up.

I heard the voice limit will certainly increase. But there will be no VST integration, the best it will get is Rewire support.

Can anyone confirm or deny ??

SWL

Re: GS3 Rumor Mill

i ALSO hear ........... that it will have a USB Dongle :-(

Can you please add some hints to your profile as to where you live, or what at least you name is, etc.?
    This anonymous \"I heard\" stuff sounds a bit like stirring in some (serious) poop, just for the sake of stirring [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

No VST sequencer integration will be it\'s downfall. Frankly I don\'t see what revolutionary features could possibly outweigh it\'s vsti competitors. We will see.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I\'d say you are not considering the widest potential for integration. Turn that argument on its ear, and see if you come up with an idea that might be revolutionary.

Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    Can you please add some hints to your profile as to where you live, or what at least you name is, etc.?
    This anonymous \"I heard\" stuff sounds a bit like stirring in some (serious) poop, just for the sake of stirring [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Peter, my presence/identity here on this forum is irrelevent ...... the fact is, this info came from a Tascam rep.

So, start stirring ... i dont care.

double post

I don\'t know that vsti would be the only way to go- it sounds like Tascam may be really thinking outside of the box with GS 3. Between this and Gigapulse, things are getting exciting!

I just hope that it will let us use it in a sequencer as an add-in, or have its own sequencer, let us use vsti effects, and have the editor incorporated into the main program.

(Oh, and an excellent internal wave-editor, with MP3 encoding, and the ability to create overtones by playing samples, and a new compression method that makes giga files take up about 100 kilobytes---actually, a better compression might be possible, given the compression of good sounding mp3\'s nowadays. And will it grade papers for me?)

I would have a serious problem with a USB dongle on my computer running GigaStudio. To keep the machine from crashing and to get the full 160 notes of polyphony, I had to disable all USB operations at the CMOS level in my machine. What will happen if a USB hardware device is needed to run?

clueless

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast